What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available

The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available
Author: Message:
citricsquid

<div style="sexy;100%">

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available
Sorry for the double topic, I've spent ages trying to figure this out and a search yields no results :(

I'm using this and I've got everything working and modified to my needs; The script and php communicate and it executes perfectly, but as soon as I try to do the following:

JScript code:
return xmlhttp.responseText;

It errors with

quote:
Error: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.
(code: -2147483638)

Now, I presume this means it's not had chance to retrieve the data yet? How do I allow it to?

JScript code:
xmlhttp.send(data);

Has already been called, however it doesn't appear to be able to echo out the received text? Am I doing something ridiculously wrong, or is this a deficiency I'll have to deal with?

EDIT:

Thinking about it, the page will take around 0.02 to process, which is too slow for the script, how can I tell it to wait until the page is loaded? That appears to be the problem.

Oh wait, I have an idea.

While xmlhttp.status != 200 wait, then when it is == 200 execute the function? Seems the only way to do it, then I can run a variable tally whilst the while loop is going and if it goes for too long it timesout?

*thinking out loud*

EDIT:

I got that to work; it doesn't. I got the script to pause for 5 seconds and it still didn't collect the data and the php processes in ~0.02 - So, problem with my script it appears.

This post was edited on 11-15-2008 at 08:06 PM by citricsquid.
11-15-2008 08:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by citricsquid on 11-15-2008 at 08:02 PM
RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by Matti on 11-15-2008 at 08:24 PM
RE: RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by citricsquid on 11-15-2008 at 08:40 PM
RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by Matti on 11-16-2008 at 09:59 AM
RE: RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by citricsquid on 11-16-2008 at 11:34 AM
RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by Matti on 11-16-2008 at 01:34 PM
RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by citricsquid on 11-16-2008 at 02:03 PM
RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by citricsquid on 11-16-2008 at 03:03 PM
RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by Matti on 11-16-2008 at 03:35 PM
RE: RE: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available - by citricsquid on 11-16-2008 at 03:42 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: