What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature suggestion: webcam/phone call remain connected when screen locked & WLM on 7

Feature suggestion: webcam/phone call remain connected when screen locked & WLM on 7
Author: Message:
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Feature suggestion: webcam/phone call remain connected when screen locked & WLM on 7
If you're ever on or viewing webcam, in a video call or just a phone call on WLM: if you ever lock the screen, any and all of these will immediately disconnect. I automatically lock my screen (windows+l) as soon as anyone walks into my room, and don't even think about the effects this might have on my open conversations.

I would like to see a feature introduced which disables this automatic disconnect of webcam voice and video calls so that people can maintain their connections regardless of whether their screens are locked or not.

I would also like to see a Windows 7 specific feature of Plus! that would force the icon for WLM is restored to the notification area, away from the taskbar where it currently is. I understand you can run messenger in compatibility mode which tricks it into moving into the notification area, however I don't feel this is the best fix possible, especially as this means that using (!VER) displays the compatibility version messenger is being run in, rather than the correct version of the operating system.
08-02-2009 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Feature suggestion: webcam/phone call remain connected when screen locked & WLM on 7 - by Aardvark on 08-02-2009 at 03:30 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: