What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » who block me

who block me
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: who block me
quote:
Originally posted by solidphantom
but there is a way to detect who block you. basically is about leaving notes in someone's profile. but i still dont get about it. anyone can give me details?
Obsession with this subject is amusing.  As you've been told, there is nothing technical that will tell you somebody has blocked you on Messenger.  However, I can give you a few clues of different kind:

1. Change of habit following some sort of a dispute -- people don't change their habits easily.  If you see that somebody who has always been online every day suddenly isn't for a week or more, they might be blocking you.  This would be more likely following some form of an argument.
2. Social engineer mutual friends -- in most cases you will know someone else who talks to the person you are concerned about and if you ask the right way, they may reveal to you whether the person is online to them or not.
3. Other communication methods -- most people use more than Messenger.  They might also use things like Skype, AIM, etc.  Get on all and add them on all while everything is going well;  they won't typically remember to block you on every one at the same time.

However, I think the main thing to remember here is that knowing you've been blocked is not that helpful and sometimes worse for you than not knowing.  If you want to know, chances are you planning to somehow confront them about it; remember, this is usually not going to be productive because they already have demonstrated they don't want to talk to you right now.  Depending on their personality and how nice you are, some may opt to listen when you somehow bypass their block to "talk" about it, but many will just block you where they had forgotten to do so.

The bottom line is I think you will be much more successful treating whatever is on your mind as a social issue than you are likely to be treating it as a technical one.

This post was edited on 12-10-2009 at 08:55 AM by Adeptus.
12-10-2009 08:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
who block me - by solidphantom on 12-08-2009 at 09:36 AM
RE: who block me - by Chrissy on 12-08-2009 at 06:44 PM
RE: who block me - by solidphantom on 12-09-2009 at 11:55 PM
RE: who block me - by CookieRevised on 12-10-2009 at 12:12 AM
RE: who block me - by Nagamasa on 12-10-2009 at 01:06 AM
RE: who block me - by solidphantom on 12-10-2009 at 04:29 AM
RE: who block me - by Butcher_ss on 12-10-2009 at 05:33 AM
RE: RE: who block me - by CookieRevised on 12-10-2009 at 09:17 AM