What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook)

Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook)
Author: Message:
cjraven

O.P. Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook)
Hi folks,
Just wondering if the hive mind can come up with some ideas here.

I use MessengerPlus! on Windows 7 - what's not to love! It permits (under certain circumstances) a second connection to the same account. In my case I'm perhaps trying to do the impossible.

I have
1 Windows wkstn - Windows 7 (Messenger Plus! MSN client)
1 iPhone (IM+ MSN client)

1 MacBook

I can connect to an MSN account using Messenger Plus!, and IM+ on the iPhone. All communications on one are repeated on the other. Lovely, couldn't ask for better. Apart from anything else, it makes history hunting for a URL/statistic easier...to put it mildly.

I wonder if anyone knows whether a third connection is possible - under the above circumstances - with a Mac OSX client? I've tried Adium and aMSN. Both kick MessengerPlus! (on the windows workstation) and IM+ (on the iPhone) off immediately, and "take over" as sole sign-on.

As of now, I've more or less concluded that this is impossible, but I wonder if anyone else has tried this - found it possible - and would care to share their ideas on how best this could be accomplished.

Regards & TIA,
Colin
06-12-2010 11:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook) - by cjraven on 06-12-2010 at 11:31 AM
RE: Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook) - by djdannyp on 06-12-2010 at 11:54 AM
RE: Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook) - by cjraven on 06-12-2010 at 12:06 PM
RE: Cross Platform concurrent sign-on (W7/iPhone/MacBook) - by CookieRevised on 06-12-2010 at 05:19 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: