What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Script Development Environment Ideas

Script Development Environment Ideas
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Wouldn't it be easier to create an extension for one of the big IDE's out already? Like Netbeans or Eclipse.
You could build an extension on VS using the Visual Studio Shell, that way you already have a work space which just needs to be extended with whatever you want. Users would have to install the Visual Studio Shell SDK in order to run the program, but I believe this is reasonable seeing all the benefits it offers. For example, JScript syntax highlighting is already fully available, including local variables and user-defined functions, you'd just need to add the Plus! specific objects and events. You'll also have less to worry about the GUI and focus more on the actual workings of the IDE.

It appears like he already has a lot of work done in WPF though. If he wants to switch to VS Isolated Shell, it may turn out to be a lot of work. He'd have to create a new project and learn about how to create VS Shell extensions. However, if he has already managed to build something that complex from scratch in WPF, I believe he would be able to pull it off. It just depends on whether it's actually worth it.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-16-2010 08:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Script Development Environment Ideas - by effection on 09-15-2010 at 03:22 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by matty on 09-15-2010 at 03:51 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by Matti on 09-15-2010 at 05:02 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by effection on 09-15-2010 at 05:19 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by Mnjul on 09-16-2010 at 02:23 AM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by effection on 09-16-2010 at 10:14 AM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by Ezra on 09-16-2010 at 05:17 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by Matti on 09-16-2010 at 08:02 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by effection on 09-17-2010 at 04:29 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by Mnjul on 09-17-2010 at 09:30 PM
RE: Script Development Environment Ideas - by effection on 09-18-2010 at 05:50 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: