What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Structure definition class

Structure definition class
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: List-view groups
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
But I "built" the DataBloc during construction rather than with an extra function, so it might be easier to do variable-size members your way.
Actually, that build() method simply returns the DataBloc created during construction. When I started working on it, I first laid out the structure and I was still unsure about how I was going to implement it. I kept the build() method so the actual DataBloc cannot be accidentally replaced or removed from the class instance. (Well, you can still destroy the DataBloc with firstItem.build().Size = 0 but I don't think any sane developer would do that).

As for the arrays of a data type - great idea, thanks for your suggestion! :D I think you'll understand that working with fields with fixed sizes is much easier to work with than variable sized fields. Still, it may be possible to let the size be defined when the structure type is assigned to a structure member. You could add a constructor to the data type which takes a parameter (e.g. the amount of TCHARs) and sets its size accordingly. A LOGFONT could then look like this:
Javascript code:
var LOGFONT = new StructType({
    // ...
    lfFaceName: new DataType.TCHAR(32)
});

In general, any DataType could take an array length as parameter and morph into an array type, such as INT[10] or LONG[5]. In the TCHAR constructor, this general behavior could then be extended to also allow a 32-character string to be accepted for the getter and to be outputted by the setter method by making use of inheritance.

I'm just thinking out loud here, the exact syntax may vary from what I really make but that's one way to do it.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
10-18-2010 09:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Structure definition class - by Matti on 10-17-2010 at 08:35 PM
RE: Structure definition class - by Matti on 10-20-2010 at 04:21 PM
RE: Structure definition class - by Matti on 11-07-2010 at 08:12 PM
RE: List-view groups - by Mnjul on 10-17-2010 at 09:07 PM
RE: List-view groups - by Matti on 10-18-2010 at 11:28 AM
RE: List-view groups - by matty on 10-18-2010 at 12:03 PM
RE: List-view groups - by SmokingCookie on 10-18-2010 at 03:30 PM