What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Toshiba

Toshiba
Author: Message:
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Toshiba
quote:
Originally posted by albert
If you really want something reliable, take a good look at Thinkpads. Professional laptops are more expensive, but are made to last longer; their priority is quality, not afford-ability.
I've been looking at the G560 of the Essential Laptops, which isn't a Professional laptop. Will it be lesser quality because it isn't a Pro? :-/
This one:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/w...2D9836E78657F72EEC
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The reason why people say that their laptop/pc starts to lag or slow down after a while is mostly because they don't do proper (software) maintenance on a regular basis. I always say a pc/laptop is like a big industrial machine: without proper maintenance they tend to brake down. But with proper maintenance they can last a lifetime so to speak (unless it falls on the ground :p)
well the comments I found seem to be of people who knew something about computers and this slowing down occurred even in some cases after only a couple weeks
quote:
As for Intel vs AMD, personally I'd choose Intel. But that is also because I don't realy have that much experience with AMD. Though, I never thought of Intel as 'overpriced'. Also, in my experience, you have a bigger choice in brands and models with Intel processors than with AMD processors, but that is maybe because AMD is less 'popular' in Europe, dunno.
I've looked around and they seem to be about the same price :chrongue: I've found quite a few models that can come with one or the other. But yeah, I'm more tempted to go towards Intel, I don't actually have any reason for this *-)
quote:
eg: My sister's (the vet ;)) old laptop was a Toshiba too and now she has again choosen for a Toshiba (better specs, newer model). She hasn't had any problems with it yet and she takes it with her on the road sometimes, so...
oh nice :happy: good to know! Thanks Cooks!
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
I also believe in what Cookie says, it's not slow hardware it's bloated software that makes the user experience miserable. If you're buying a laptop with a bunch of bloat, I'd recommend cleaning out the trial software or, as cliche as it sounds, re-installing the os from scratch. Most recovery media also includes that nasty trial software, so it may not help.

ya, that's one thing I'm not looking forward to. Just having to deal with all the new apps and cleaning everything
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
I'd also recommend avoiding the Dell Vostro series, and lower End dell E series business laptops. We have a bunch at work and nobody really likes them. Vostros are re-badged consumer laptops for most purposes, and the new E series the quality just doesn't seem to be there. We used to use Dell D-series and we loved them but not the same with the E. I know this doesn't help your Satellite decision, but I figured I'd throw that in there. 
I didn't have Dell in mind at all so I won't keep it as an option. I am really confused as to what to get already, like you said :chrongue:
quote:
Originally posted by albert
If I'm not mistaken there are two kinds of Satellites; Satellites and Satellites Pros, the first being consumer and the second obviously a being professional level.
yeah, and I was going for a consumer one:
http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&secti...part=11376#spectop

but there is also the Pro:
http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&secti...part=11112#spectop

bah, I'm still super confused :chrongue:
12-18-2010 06:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Toshiba - by wacky on 12-16-2010 at 10:02 PM
RE: Toshiba - by Hank on 12-16-2010 at 10:15 PM
RE: Toshiba - by albert on 12-16-2010 at 11:27 PM