What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger

Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
Author: Message:
cubaduda

O.P. Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
Suddenly, with various updates, MSN Messenger changes .. and for me it is not for the better.  People sometimes send me offlline messages via Messenger (i.e. when I am not on line) and I get them when I open Messenger.  That is no more.  Why don't I receive such messages?

I used to have a neatly categorized list of contacts on the opening page (should I say column?) when I opened Messenger.  Now I see who is on line in Messenger when I open my hotmail email but I do not have a distinct list of my Messenger contacts.

Showing whether I was on line, away, busy or invisbible used to be easy.  Now I never know who can see me on line and who can't.  Sometimes I have to show myself on line to the person/contact I wish to speak with before I can send text.  But only sometimes, other times it works whether or not I am appearing as on line or not.  Geesh!

I have told friends who are on my Yahoo and MSN contact lists, that I prefer to use Yahoo now.  But, I am not opposed to change, just to change for the worse.  Is there something I have to do to regain the convenience I used to enjoy with MSN Messenger?
01-19-2011 01:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by cubaduda on 01-19-2011 at 01:12 AM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by Hank on 01-19-2011 at 01:26 AM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by Adeptus on 01-20-2011 at 07:05 AM
RE: RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by Hank on 01-20-2011 at 07:12 AM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by haishama on 02-02-2011 at 10:49 PM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by cubaduda on 02-02-2011 at 11:58 PM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by CookieRevised on 02-04-2011 at 11:28 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: