What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger

Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Consider third party Messenger clients.  The last time I rebuilt my Windows computer, I installed Pidgin instead.  It's not great.  File transfers don't work; custom emoticons don't work; I imagine voice/video doesn't, but I never used those anyway.  However, it is clean and functional, something the Microsoft's client hasn't been for years and is only getting worse for.  Trillian is another third party option for Windows.

Plus! added a lot of value to the official client, but I think it's getting to where even Plus! can't redeem a miserable piece of software Microsoft seems to be determined to turn into complete rubbish.
Pidgin is more for Linux, not Windows, infact i think there is only 1 Pidgin Developer that has a Windows Computer.  Trillian is Great if you dont need Voice/Video. i use trillian all the time an has a lot of Plugins/themes and supports a lot of Protoculs. trillian is also supported on  Android and IPhone an Apple Mac
01-20-2011 07:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by cubaduda on 01-19-2011 at 01:12 AM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by Hank on 01-19-2011 at 01:26 AM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by Adeptus on 01-20-2011 at 07:05 AM
RE: RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by Hank on 01-20-2011 at 07:12 AM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by haishama on 02-02-2011 at 10:49 PM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by cubaduda on 02-02-2011 at 11:58 PM
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger - by CookieRevised on 02-04-2011 at 11:28 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: