What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage?

Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage?
Author: Message:
Doublevil

The solution!
I know this thread is dead since one month but I just wanted to help people who encounter the same problem.

Since I didn't found a trick in any website I tried, I just searched myself and found out how to change your personal message from a script (sample in the end) :

- If you just need to change the personal message in the ChatWndSendMessage event :
   Return the text "/psm [your message here]" and it will be updated.

- If you need to change the personal message in any other function or event :
   Send a special message to a chat window using the ChatWnd.SendMessage(string) function.
   This special message should be unique and the probability that the user types it should be negligible.
   This will trigger a ChatWndSendMessage event.

After some tests, I found that if you just return "/psm [your message here]" from a script-sent message, it will only send "[your message here]" to your contact and never update the personal message.

What you have to do is to catch your special message using a condition, and return "/psm /psm [your message here]" (no, that's not a typo). This is just dumb but it works.

Here is the sample code (copy in a new script to test) :
code:
var strSpecialMessage = "§¤§¤@~ or anything"; // Special message to use to send a message in any function.

function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd, Message)
{
    if (Message == strSpecialMessage)
    {
        return "/psm /psm [your message here]";
    }

else if (Message == "NOW")
    {
        ChatWnd.SendMessage(strSpecialMessage);
        return "";
    }

else return Message;
}

This code will change your personal message to "[your message here]" when you send the exact message "NOW" in any chat window. But you can trigger it from any function if you change the code.

All you need is a chat window... if your script isn't related to a chat window, then you'll have to make sure there are opened chat windows, and if not, try to open one, send the message and then close it immediately.
I don't know how to close it, though. Maybe with an external library function which takes in parameter the handle of the window. Well... that's complicated.
03-24-2011 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by JaderCM on 02-12-2011 at 10:49 PM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Arcticwolfx on 02-12-2011 at 11:44 PM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Spunky on 02-13-2011 at 12:55 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 01:03 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Spunky on 02-13-2011 at 01:15 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 01:20 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by totonf on 02-13-2011 at 03:03 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 05:53 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by SmokingCookie on 02-13-2011 at 08:54 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Menthix on 02-13-2011 at 10:07 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Spunky on 02-13-2011 at 10:13 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by SmokingCookie on 02-13-2011 at 10:27 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Menthix on 02-13-2011 at 10:30 AM
The solution! - by Doublevil on 03-24-2011 at 10:48 PM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2011 at 11:52 PM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by JaderCM on 03-25-2011 at 12:51 AM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by F4ever on 04-01-2011 at 07:16 PM
RE: Why Plus 5 don't suport Messenger.MyPersonalMessage? - by Arcticwolfx on 04-01-2011 at 08:35 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: