What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Password Protect Log Viewer

Suggestion: Password Protect Log Viewer
Author: Message:
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Suggestion: Password Protect Log Viewer
Currently I can password protect offline logs, and the online logs are password protected through the website. However if I open up the log viewer and click on the Online logs option, they all appear. No password. Completely unprotected.

As it is now, a guest can get on my computer, log into his WLM account, open the log viewer, and have access to all the conversations I've had.

It's not that I don't trust my guests, but I know sometimes curiosity gets the better of us.  I also don't want to be one of those people that allows someone to use the computer and then watches over their shoulder the whole time.

My quick solution would be to add a check in the preferences & options panel in the passwords section:

- Also protect Log viewer

This would prompt the user for the password they set to protect their preferences.

Alternatively, the option could be placed in the logs section of the preferences, and prompt the user for the encryption password when trying to access the "Online" section of the Log Viewer.

Or maybe prompt them for the MyPlus account password associated in the preferences.

This post was edited on 03-22-2011 at 07:09 AM by Dex Luther.
03-22-2011 07:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion: Password Protect Log Viewer - by Dex Luther on 03-22-2011 at 07:00 AM
RE: Suggestion: Password Protect Log Viewer - by CookieRevised on 03-22-2011 at 07:23 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: