What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Call ASM routine from your script (with example)

Call ASM routine from your script (with example)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example)
quote:
Originally posted by matty
This is the actual thread...
Help me test script (Ctrl-W Closer) :D
Ah, thanks... added.
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
CookieRevised: I have no useful input to add to this thread, so all I can say is that I really like this. If code could turn me on, this would.
thanks... I think :p as long as you don't cum....
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
I see what y'all mean, but I was actually wondering what the effect of the ASM stuff is on the "Hello world!" string. I mean: the input is the same as the output?
Nope, the output is completely different than the input. See my previous post where I explain what the effect is using your "hello world" example.

quote:
And I think this ASM is quite a bit too abstract to make up yourself, right?
Although I got help from wtbw, there is nothing magic about it. It is just a matter of knowing your commands. (eg: how to write x++, or x=5 in asm). If you wouldn't know JScript, then any JScript code would be "abstract" to you too, won't it? So, that goes for any programming language code, including asm.

The only difference is that asm is as low as you can go, it is (almost) pure machine code. So it doesn't have fancy (and human readable) commands which actually automatically do 1000 other things under the hood for you. You need to write those 1000 commands yourself in that case, using a set of simple and basic (cryptic, but still understandable in a way) commands.

eg:
mov ax, [cx]    means move (or rather copy) the value found in the address pointed to by the register CX, to the register AX.
inc ax             means increment the value in AX and store that new value again in AX

If you wanna know more about those mnemonics I suggest to Google assembler language and such things. Plenty info around, but not for the faint-hearted (or old people like me who cba anymore to learn it properly :p).

quote:
@matty: I don't have access to the thread you're pointing to.
That thread is in beta testing forum.
See OP for a link to matty's implementation of that code in the public forum.

This post was edited on 05-02-2011 at 08:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-02-2011 08:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by CookieRevised on 05-02-2011 at 07:21 AM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by SmokingCookie on 05-02-2011 at 01:46 PM
RE: RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by CookieRevised on 05-02-2011 at 05:17 PM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by SmokingCookie on 05-02-2011 at 06:45 PM
RE: RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by segosa on 05-02-2011 at 07:07 PM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by CookieRevised on 05-02-2011 at 07:07 PM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by matty on 05-02-2011 at 07:07 PM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by SmokingCookie on 05-02-2011 at 07:18 PM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by CookieRevised on 05-02-2011 at 08:04 PM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by Mnjul on 05-03-2011 at 01:00 AM
RE: Call ASM routine from your script (with example) - by whiz on 05-04-2011 at 07:25 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: