What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [SOLVED] Notification/Log of Power State Changes?

[SOLVED] Notification/Log of Power State Changes?
Author: Message:
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. [SOLVED] Notification/Log of Power State Changes?
Edit: I solved the issue with debugging with PMMon, unfortunately my theory was incorrect, however it now provides me with proof for my warranty claim (randomly considering the AC as unplugged).

On my laptop, when I have the AC plugged in, I get a very occasional issue.

I have my power plan on "Balanced", basically the Windows 7 default, with the advanced settings modified for whatever, max brightness when plugged in, dim it slightly when unplugged.

Occasionally when AC plugged in, eventually for a quick second it will dim and get brighter, within a second.

Unfortunately the event happens so fast and so randomly I'm not going to stare at the systray to see when it shows that it is unplugged.

Is there somewhere in Windows I can log the events of when my laptop is plugged in and unplugged? Or a seperate program to run in the background?

For example:
quote:
6:33:01PM - AC Plugged in
6:33:02PM - AC Removed
6:33:03PM - AC Plugged in

Obviously if Windows thinks I unplugged my laptop when I didn't, then I'll take further action.

This post was edited on 09-07-2011 at 12:26 AM by prashker.
09-05-2011 06:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by prashker on 09-05-2011 at 06:04 AM
RE: Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by CookieRevised on 09-05-2011 at 10:50 AM
RE: Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by prashker on 09-05-2011 at 03:59 PM
RE: Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by CookieRevised on 09-05-2011 at 04:05 PM
RE: Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by prashker on 09-05-2011 at 04:08 PM
RE: Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by CookieRevised on 09-05-2011 at 04:35 PM
RE: Notification/Log of Power State Changes? - by prashker on 09-05-2011 at 05:01 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: