What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! General » Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype

Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype
Author: Message:
OrionsToy

RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype
I have found you can view the old logs in the plus's skype chat log viewer.. you just have to click on browse for more ...

The thing I find to my dismay is there is no more option to encrypt logs. Is this something they will be adding in the future? ... it is an important feature that has been left out (for those who want to keep logs but share their computer and don't want a roommate, spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend or siblings/sons/daughters to be able to read their messages)

Strangely enough, if you open an old log that was encrypted .(ple) the plus skype chat log viewer will decrypt it and view it yet theres no option to encrypt new logs created by skype. Log encryption needs to be reimplemented in Plus! for Skype.

For those of you that want to merge your logs its pretty simple... Just go to your documents folder and look for Messenger Plus! copy the My Chat Logs folder in that directory into the Messenger Plus! for Skype  folder. Then you will see all the chat messages from the old messenger when you open your log viewer in skype. Note** if you have logs from an older messenger you may also have to copy the files from My Documents/My Chat Logs into the Messenger Plus! for Skype/My Chat Logs and merge entries also.

Hope this helps ... and I hope to see encrypted logs available in Plus for Skype soon.

This post was edited on 02-16-2013 at 05:27 PM by OrionsToy.
02-16-2013 05:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by Eminence on 11-11-2012 at 08:23 PM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by SteenG on 01-28-2013 at 07:24 AM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by Menthix on 01-28-2013 at 02:34 PM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by OrionsToy on 02-16-2013 at 05:16 PM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by CookieRevised on 02-16-2013 at 06:08 PM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by OrionsToy on 02-18-2013 at 06:00 PM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by Spunky on 02-19-2013 at 09:47 AM
RE: Request: import and merge chatlogs from WLM-->Skype - by CookieRevised on 02-19-2013 at 10:30 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: