What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Still a Personalised Status/Reset Status shortcut bug

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Still a Personalised Status/Reset Status shortcut bug
Author: Message:
Nordlyd

O.P. Still a Personalised Status/Reset Status shortcut bug
The Reset Status shortcut feature doesn't work when resetting from a Personalised status. Can someone in charge please try this out, and check if this is a problem on all computers?

Is this the right place to report a bug, meaning that the right people get the message? I've tried before.

I would really like to get this feature working, as I've been unable to use the Personalised Status feature.

I have Messenger Plus! 3.20.100.
09-27-2004 01:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Still a Personalised Status/Reset Status shortcut bug
quote:
Originally posted by Nordlyd
The Reset Status shortcut feature doesn't work when resetting from a Personalised status. Can someone in charge please try this out, and check if this is a problem on all computers?
It works fine though, no bugs here (Plus! 3.20.100).....

quote:
Is this the right place to report a bug, meaning that the right people get the message?
yup, you're in the right place (if it is a bug)...

quote:
I would really like to get this feature working, as I've been unable to use the Personalised Status feature.
You can predefine a personalised status in this menu:
Plus > Preferences > Personalised Status > Status Presets

Status internal identifier: This is the name that the pers. stat. will get in the various dropdown lists used for settings your status to something else...

Fast-activation shortcut: The shortcut you can use to quickly set your status to this pers. stat.

Messenger Status: The real status that will be set. Of course people without Plus! wont see a personalised status, they can only see one of the real statusses. So this needs to be set here. (useually you would set this to "away")

Name Status Tag: A difficult name for the "fake" status, or the "Plus!" status (whetever you wanna call it). This is the status that people will see who have Messenger Plus!. They will see this text instead of the status that you have defined in "Messenger Status"...

Auto-responder message: Also known as the "auto-away message". This is were you enter some text that will automaticly be send if a someone sends you a message while you are in this pers. stat.

Plus > Preferences > Personalised Status > Configuration
Besides some other things, here is an option were you can activate the special window that will pop up where you can choose (and set) a personalised status when you set your Messenger status to "away". The predefined personlased statusses (see the above) will also be listed here so you don't need to fill everything in again...

Plus > General Options > Miscellaneous > Reset Status Shortcut
Here you define the shortcut that will reset special modes like Boss protection, messenger lock, and also personalised statusses. Make sure the keycombination isn't used anywhere else in Windows or other programs!!

This post was edited on 09-27-2004 at 05:00 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2004 04:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nordlyd

O.P. RE: Still a Personalised Status/Reset Status shortcut bug
Thanks.

Well, if the Reset Status shortcut feature works fine from Boss Protection and Messenger Lock, but it doesn't work when resetting from a Personalised status, and it works fine for you, then I guess the problem must be with my OS or something and not with my choice of shortcut keys. Do you have any suggestions on what to do? I really need this feature.
09-28-2004 12:10 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If your shortcut works for Boss Protect and Messenger Lock, there's no reson it shouldn't work with Personalised Statuses. Can you tll us exactly what you do and what doesn't work? please include the version of Messenger you're using. thanks.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-28-2004 01:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nordlyd

Thanks.
I'm using Messenger 6.2.0137 on XP SP1, with a Norwegian keyboard.
I am able to use the keyboard to change TO Personalised Status, TO Messenger Lock, TO Boss Protection, and I'm able to use the reset status keyboard shortcut to change it back FROM Messenger Lock, FROM Boss Protection, but when I use the reset status shortcut when in Personalised Status, nothing happens. I've tried Ctrl-| and Ctrl-9 as shortcuts.

I also had this problem with Plus version 2, on a different XP installation.
09-28-2004 02:23 AM
Nordlyd

Is there any solution for this, or will there be in the next version?
10-07-2004 09:00 AM
elanlee

I've run into this same problem, but have just figured something out that might help debug.

If I set a personalized status with no "name status tag" then the "reset status shortcut" does not work.  (this seems to be the bug that is described earlier in this thread.

If I set a personalized status with anything at all in the "name status tag" then "reset status shortcut" works.

The quick fix is to just put a blank character in the "name status tag" for each personalized status entry, but it would be nice for the feature to work without it.

Elan
10-24-2004 12:53 AM
Nordlyd

Thanks! That worked. It will do for now.
At least, now we know it's probably a bug.
10-24-2004 02:20 AM
elanlee

Glad that worked!  :)

I'm actually quite new to this, so I don't know if there's anything else I should do to report this bug, or if the fact that this thread exists is good enough.

Any suggestions?

Elan
10-24-2004 10:25 PM
Tweck

Personalised status not restored on sign-in
I have an issue that is related to the above personalised status problems:

If I set a personalised status and then sign out of Messenger, it is not restored when I sign in.  The status (e.g. Away) is restored but the name tag is not.  The "Personalised Status" dialog pops up too; I don't want to see this dialog when I sign in.

There should be options in the preferences dialog for sign-in - either:
1. Restore previous status AND personalised name tag, or
2. Set status to Online AND remove name tag

Also, I agree with the above points made about the "Reset Status" function.  The hotkey should ALWAYS reset the status to Online and remove the personalised name tag.  I often find that I have to use another hotkey to set a personalised status name tag before it is possible to use the reset hotkey.
07-10-2005 02:25 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: