What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Login Problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Login Problem
Author: Message:
xXRenegadeXx

O.P. Sad  Login Problem
Hello, every one
plz  i  need some help regarding my login problem that is:
when i try to login from my computer at home  to Windows live messenger 2009v
result:
pop up window tells me that i have firewall and proxy error and it gives me the following error number (81000306)

i tried to fix it with the following ways but it didn't work :(

1. i checked the firewall and  Windows live messenger was authorized.

2. i tried to uninstall it and install it again.

3. then i give up and formated my computer and changed My OS form XP to Windows 7
and even that.. it didn't work with me !!!!
i don't know what is the problem any more ????
plz Fix My MSN

Thank you

04-01-2010 12:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Login Problem
1.  Make sure that you are connected to the Internet. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then try to visit the following Web sites:
Messenger service status
Microsoft web site

If you cannot visit these sites, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for information about how to set up your Internet connection so that you can visit both secure (https) and non-secure (http) sites.

2. If you are able to visit the Messenger service status page and notice that there is a service issue, please visit the site later to determine when the service is available so that you can sign into Messenger. If the site indicates that the all systems are stable and running, go to the next step.

3.  Clear the proxy settings in Windows Live Messenger.

3.a. Start Windows Live Messenger.
    3.b. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    3.c. Click Connection in the left navigation pane.
    3.d. Click Advanced Settings in the Connection Settings section.
    3.e. Delete the content of the SOCKS field.
    3.f.  Click OK two times to save the settings.
    3.g. After you clear the proxy settings, verify if you are able to sign into Messenger. If you are still not able to sign into Messenger then please go to the next step.

4.  If you are using Windows Vista, disable the Auto Tuning Networking feature:

4.a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
    4.b. Click Continue when Windows requests permission to continue.
    4.c. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    Note: This command disables the Window Auto Tuning feature.

4.d.  After you disable the Auto Tuning Networking feature, verify if you are able to sign into Messenger.

5. If you are still not able to sign into Windows Live Messenger then please re-enable this feature using the information below and then go to the next step.

Re-enable the Auto Tuning Networking feature by typing the following command at the command prompt, and then pressing ENTER:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Note: This command enables Window Auto Tuning again so that you can take advantage of the network throughput performance increase it provides.

6. If you are using Windows Vista and you also use a router (eg. Linksys, D-Link, Netgear) on your home network to connect to the internet please visit the router manufacturer’s website to update to the latest firmware for that product.

(from windows live support)

Good Luck (Y)
04-01-2010 01:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xXRenegadeXx

O.P. RE: Login Problem
Thank you Chrissy,
But i tried all that also and nothing happened still not working.
and its not My router problem also ... i tried from different locations home, work, even different country :(   
04-01-2010 03:02 PM
xXRenegadeXx

Thank you all ... Finally fixed i went to technical computer shop and he fix it :)

i don't know what he did exactly but he said you'r computer time wasn't correct also he shutoff the firewall.

He said what he did not good for My computer  and i should consult someone else.

This is fine with me i don't care about the firewall because i have another antivirus.

I just want to let you know .

Thank You
04-01-2010 05:02 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
A firewall is not the same as an Anti-Virus. You need a firewall!

If he actually said that, he's not very good at his job, is he?
04-01-2010 05:09 PM
xXRenegadeXx

No i think he is not good at all... he said i'll format you'r computer again !!!???    ...   but he fixed it
and about the firewall someone said to me the same what you did and he promise me that he will fix the issue one day :)  !? LoL , i know its not soon maybe one year later :P

04-01-2010 05:17 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Going to the Control Panel and enabling Windows Firewall will be enough to keep you protected.  It won't interfere with Windows Live Messenger
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5255 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes, 37 seconds ago
04-01-2010 05:39 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
A firewall is not the same as an Anti-Virus. You need a firewall!

If he actually said that, he's not very good at his job, is he?
You don't need anything, not even Windows' built in firewall. You can connect to the internet without a firewall and still keep secure perfectly fine. Especially when you are already behind a router (which a lot of homes are these days) you really don't benefit much from a firewall. And nothing beats keeping your software up to date and common sense.

This post was edited on 04-01-2010 at 05:55 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-01-2010 05:54 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Yeah, of course your safe with no firewall. They were just stupid inventions that are just there for the sake of being there.

8-)
04-02-2010 12:00 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yeah, of course your safe with no firewall

you're

Anyway, firewalls are generally accepted as a method to improve inexperienced user's security. However, a firewall is not needed. I run neither a firewall or an antivirus (then again I'm on Linux at the moment so why bother? :p)

As long as you know what you download is safe, you should be safe. I have learnt to spot fake torrents, dodgy website downloads etc and no longer need a firewall. As Menthix said, a router can protect you from a large amount of threats as well keeping software up to date to avoid exploits.

If someone complains they got a virus through not having a firewall, I'd like to wager they would have told the firewall to leave it alone anyway, still believing it to be safe.

quote:
They were just stupid inventions that are just there for the sake of being there

Essentially, that is the only reason I can see for them still being around, except maybe taking responsibility away from the user for their own actions.

If a firewall was really any good at what it did, why would they need to keep bringing out new versions? To get people to pay for it again thinking it's new and improved when really it's just got a new look
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-02-2010 12:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: