What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Ambitious new plugin

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Ambitious new plugin
Author: Message:
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Ambitious new plugin
from what i've used of the Active Accesability APIs I wouldn't have thought it's possible using them, although I could be wrong...
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
09-17-2005 02:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Note for those interested.... Messenger Plus! substitutes the RichEdit DLL for its own to intercept API calls and get interfaces such as ITextServices. This is not very difficult to do, however, editing the text of a chat is more complicated than it appears because of many elements such as emoticons whose positions are caluclated differently by Messenger.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-17-2005 05:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bigmog

O.P. RE: Ambitious new plugin
Hi Patchou

Would you consider making these interfaces available in to us mortals so we can use them in our plugins? I for one would really find that very useful. I think it would make it much easier for us to write great plugins which in turn would increase Messenger plus's distribution base.

Any help would be most appreciated.

09-17-2005 08:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bigmog

OK guys just a quick update here. It seems that what Patchou does and others is use a hook on LoadLibrary and intercept the loading of richedit20.dll. I've also seem a more crude attempt where a dummy version of richedit20.dll is placed in the messenger directory.

Either way results in the ability to intercept the call to CreateTextServices which gets back an IUnknown. Query interface on this IUnknown can give you an interface to ITextServices. 

What we can do is just pass through the ITextServices pointer back to messenger but remember its address and re-write its VTable so that calls to ITextServices::TxSendMessage for example are routed though our code. This then is very similar to MessageHooking as we can intercept messages as they go to the rich text edit control.

I'm going to code all this up and hopefully post it to the thread so we all have access to this trick.

Any help again most welcome and if people out there who have done this know I'm not on the right lines can they please let me know!

09-19-2005 03:35 PM
eSouL

Hi, any updates on this trick?

I'm planning to do an encryption plugin. But unlike Stupido's  K-crypt, I want the text displayed on the sender's richedit control to be legible text (although the actual msg is sent as ciphertext). Is the discussion on this thread relevant to my project, or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance!
10-06-2005 06:54 AM
bigmog

Hi Everyone

Some updates news on this one. I've managed to write a plugin dll in C++ to get at the rich text area. It was quite hard took four weeks full time programming.

I can insert Ole controls into the text area and intercept each key pressed etc. change all the formatting etc.

The code is still a bit buggy but when it's tidied up I'll post it online.

10-06-2005 07:07 AM
Londave

RE: RE: Ambitious new plugin
quote:
Originally posted by bigmog

Some updates news on this one. I've managed to write a plugin dll in C++ to get at the rich text area. It was quite hard took four weeks full time programming.

I can insert Ole controls into the text area and intercept each key pressed etc. change all the formatting etc.

Can you post this code or send it to me (private). I can help you to debug and enhance your code.
11-29-2005 08:24 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by bigmog
Hi Everyone

Please, do post this code!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-29-2005 01:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: