What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » alternate mode doesnt stick

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
alternate mode doesnt stick
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: alternate mode doesnt stick
quote:
Originally posted by kylde
No can do, after reboot, M+ is running in task manager, but if I run the exe/shortcut nothing happens AT ALL, so I can't check it's mode, (I did say this in the original post), I have to re-install M+ OVER itself to gain access to it's interface.  If I run MSN after trying (and failing) to check M+'s attach mode, MSN runs with no M+ features AT ALL, even though it's listed in task manager? If I close M+ in task manager, THEN run MSN, M+ still doesn't "attach" itself

Regards

Kylde

You don't start Msg plus manually, you startup MSN and go to Plus > preferences > miscellaneous to check if it's still in alternate mode. Yes msg plus is still running in taskmanager if you did not uncheck it in msconfig startuplist.

Could it be your firewall is interfering, as was the case here? Any other programs running that terminate unneeded processes or prevent writing in the registry (software you didn't think about, maybe something like that in your AV program)?

This post was edited on 02-21-2006 at 10:26 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-21-2006 10:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kylde

O.P. RE: RE: alternate mode doesnt stick
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
okay. first, set it into alternate mode. next, kill msn messenger and messenger plus' processes. then, open up msconfig and scrap messenger plus from it. finally, reboot. it should work.

plain & straightforward, I like it :) BUT ... it didn't work :( Followed your steps EXACTLY, after reboot, no msgplus.exe in taskmanager, I launch MSN, no M+ options, and I'm back to square 1, to access M+'s interface I have to re-install M+ over itself

Kylde
02-21-2006 10:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kylde

O.P. RE: alternate mode doesnt stick
Ahhhh, hang on, I've patched various functions of MSN using the latest MESS patch at www.mess.be, could that explain this?

Kylde
02-21-2006 10:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: alternate mode doesnt stick
quote:
Originally posted by kylde
Ahhhh, hang on, I've patched various functions of MSN using the latest MESS patch at www.mess.be, could that explain this?

Kylde
Sounds weird that that would cause alternate mode not to stick, but you never know. Only one way to find out...repair/reinstall MSNM and try once more.

Let us know the results.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-22-2006 12:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: