What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » removing.the.custom.tabs

removing.the.custom.tabs
Author: Message:
KeCHi

O.P. removing.the.custom.tabs
hi all ... i have been using msgplus and messenger quite for a while ... but after i patched MSN with the games patch from mess.be ... it turned out to be a custom tab appeared on the left side of the MSN ... the problem is that ... no matter i did ... i couldnt remove it ... even i delete the registry entries ... but i guess i am missing something ... there isnot an option about this thing in msgplus ... but i guess there must be a solution about it ... thanx a lot for anyone who gave attention to this thread ... best regards to all involved ...

KeCHi
07-23-2004 07:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: removing.the.custom.tabs
On the main messenger window, go to:

Tools > Options. Then click the privacy tab on the top.

The 2nd to last option should say "This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs." Go ahead and check that. This should solve your problem.

And welcome to the forums :)
07-23-2004 07:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeCHi

O.P. RE: removing.the.custom.tabs
thanx a lot mate ... now it is solved :) ... appreciated the welcome :)
07-23-2004 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: removing.the.custom.tabs
quote:
Originally posted by KeCHi
hi all ... i have been using msgplus and messenger quite for a while ... but after i patched MSN with the games patch from mess.be ... it turned out to be a custom tab appeared on the left side of the MSN ... the problem is that ... no matter i did ... i couldnt remove it ... even i delete the registry entries ... but i guess i am missing something ... there isnot an option about this thing in msgplus ... but i guess there must be a solution about it ... thanx a lot for anyone who gave attention to this thread ... best regards to all involved ...
There are no registry keys related to that. So what you removed had nothing todo with it. I hope you didn't remove anything vital!

Furthermore, I wanna ask something... Do you want the custom games patch, but not show the tabs? If the answer is yes, then what Ddunk said is correct... (fyi: however this has nothing to do with Messenger Plus!, this is a basic MSN Messenger option)

However, if you don't want the custom games patch, then hiding the tabs wont do anything good. Yes, you wont see them anymore, but the patch is still installed. To fix this you need to reinstall MSN Messenger, or choose "repair" on MSN Messenger in the "add/remove programs" section of Windows...

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-23-2004 01:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: