What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » SIGNING OUT PROBLEM

SIGNING OUT PROBLEM
Author: Message:
shockingu

O.P. SIGNING OUT PROBLEM
Okay, i have just searched for this and got no results so soz if there is 1 posted.

Why do all of my contacts keep getting cut off the net and them have to sign on again, this is annoying as i have to keep waiting for them to come back, i think it is windows messenger conflicting, so i blocked its access to the internet, this sorted my problem, but i am not 100% sure that this is the cause, how can i help my contacts from getting booted off there list.

before som1 wastes space and says this, no my contactws do not block me, as we are tlaking nicely and then they sign off, then on, and say they had 2 sign in again.

if it is winwdows messenger then how cna my contacts stopit from going on the net, not uninstall it as i find it usefull incase i crash my msn.
07-27-2004 06:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: SIGNING OUT PROBLEM
it has nothing to do with conflicting, its impossible for you to affect the signin out of a contact
07-27-2004 07:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shockingu

O.P. RE: SIGNING OUT PROBLEM
LOL, i think you may think that i want to kick them off msn. just incase you do, i want tto stop them from signing out, for no reason, and for them to do something like i did to stop mine, could it be because there is someone  signing in to there account?
07-28-2004 08:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
if they are running windows xp,  windows messenger is often running in the background and will often sign in automatically, this will make them sign out of msn.  the way to stop this happening is to disable windows message access to outlook, see details in the link below

CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger
07-28-2004 11:38 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Yet, if they (your contacts) don't experience any signing out/in problems, then most likely your problem is a problem on the msn servers... These days the MSN servers have had some trouble and some people reported "strange" things happening like contactlists that aren't complete and so on....

If that is the case then there is nothing much you can do. You could try to change the server you connect to, but that's a very long shot. But anyways, for changing the server you must alter the following registry value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Server. The best and safest way of doing this is to use "MSN Servers" a program from Millenium_Edition, you can find it here:
http://kaonet.net/page.php?id=80
Or it's original source:
http://www.freewebs.com/millenium_edition/msnservers.zip

Close MSN Messenger completely (!!!) and start that program, then select a different server (with the least connection and response time)...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2004 07:59 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: