What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Floating Contacts Missing

Floating Contacts Missing
Author: Message:
9livez

O.P. Huh?  Floating Contacts Missing
I changed the colors of 3 floating contact statuses.  When I restarted my computer and tried to display them again, they were nowhere to be seen.  The unmodified names work fine still, but how do I reset the properties of those 3 names so they will be visible?

Yes Plus! is properly aware of these 3 being turned on and off.  No I didn't set the colors same as background or increase transparency to an idiotic amount.

Thanks in advance anyone who can help me
09-21-2004 01:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Floating Contacts Missing
this is proberly related to: [Bug] Contacts on desktop
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-21-2004 01:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

38 / Other / –
uhm you do it the same way as you have set them but you have to select the "system default" guide: rightclick on the floating contact >>> change display settings >>>go text colour or background colour to select "system default" on both of them

so the setting should be Border Colour = Bleu
                                Text Colour     = System Default
                        Background Colour   = System Default

then you only have to rightklick on the floating contact >> change display settings >> set as default

then you have the settings you've had before changing the colours

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 02:59 PM by BEWARE^^.
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
09-21-2004 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
9livez

O.P. RE: Floating Contacts Missing
That would work great.  Right clicking the floating contact that is not visible.  Besides, it's not the color that's the problem; It's not blending in with the background.  It's just non-exsistant.  Thanks anyway though.  I got the problem figured out.  Just open regedit and search for "Plus!" untill you find it's settings.  Delete the entries for the problem contacts, and they reset instantly.
09-21-2004 07:23 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Could you tell us what exact key was causing the problem?
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-21-2004 07:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
9livez

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-583907252-1580436667-854245398-1003\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\[user email]\Contacts\CtcDetach\[contact email]\

Not sure which value it was exactly, I just erased the key folder ([contact email]) for each one that posed a problem.  I'll try to reproduce the problem and get back to you.

---

To give some specifics, I had changed each of the three color settings, and set transparecy to 40%.  Also I had moved the contacts to my second monitor.  After I had rebooted my PC, plus would work fine with the rest of my contacts, but the 3 that remained open at (proper) reboot would not display.  Plus! acted as if it worked properly, knowing when they should and shouldn't be displayed.

The problem would have had to have been in either "AlwaysOnTop" or "Wndrect" (if that refers to screen position).

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 10:08 PM by Chrono.
09-21-2004 07:45 PM
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

38 / Other / –
quote:
Originally posted by 9livez
To give some specifics, I had changed each of the three color settings, and set transparecy to 40%.  Also I had moved the contacts to my second monitor.  After I had rebooted my PC, plus would work fine with the rest of my contacts, but the 3 that remained open at (proper) reboot would not display.  Plus! acted as if it worked properly, knowing when they should and shouldn't be displayed.

The problem would have had to have been in either "AlwaysOnTop" or "Wndrect" (if that refers to screen position).

i think you better could set transeparency to: none
then you could never lose it again (i hope so^o))
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
09-21-2004 09:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
9livez

40% is plenty visible.  it is doubtful that the issue was transparency.  Or color.  Thanks for your input.  I'm well aware of the idiocy one can have with transparency.  I'm not one of those people.  I suspect the issue may have been with the window position.
09-21-2004 09:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
BEWARE^^, with all respect, but you're not helping. The problem doesn't have anything todo with the colors or transparency, read "[Bug] Contacts on desktop" to know what it is about...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-22-2004 02:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
9livez

OK I've recreated the problem.  Here are the precise registry values associated.  I've tried modifying the color and transparency values, and it had no effect upon the issue.  That should help narrow it down.  Keep in mind, the position I chose for the floating contact was on a secondary monitor.

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-583907252-1580436667-854245398-1003\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\*********@comcast.net\Contacts\CtcDetach\*************@hotmail.com]
"Email"="*************@hotmail.com"
"Detach"=dword:00000001
"AlwaysOnTop"=dword:00000001
"UseSysTextColor"=dword:00000000
"UseSysBkgColor"=dword:00000000
"TextColor"=dword:00008000
"BkgColor"=dword:00000000
"BorderColor"=dword:00000004
"Transparency"=dword:00000028
"WndRect"=hex:6a,07,00,00,01,03,00,00,00,08,00,00,18,03,00,00

09-25-2004 04:33 PM