What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Features request

Features request
Author: Message:
tbcat

O.P. Features request
Only two liitle feature requests

1- It's great that you can check your pop3 mail accounts with Messenger Plus, but sometime it is difficult to know which account has new mails (or how many mails you have in each account) withou having to check them all. Would it be possible an option to have every account in a different "email messages" intead of only one for all of them? Or at least one for your hotmail account and one for you pop accounts?

2- I know that there are a lot of ways to reach the msn emoticon panel (even with a hot-key), but I think it would be great to have an option to activate an special icon (or using the msn standard emoticon icon) to reach the panel with a single click... I know a hot-key is quicker, but some of us are still used to use the mouse to reach the emoticon panel :)

PS: Excuse me for any grammar/spelling mistake I'm sure I have made, I donīt speak English very good (I'm from Argentina) :S
10-14-2004 05:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Features request
quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
2- I know that there are a lot of ways to reach the msn emoticon panel (even with a hot-key), but I think it would be great to have an option to activate an special icon (or using the msn standard emoticon icon) to reach the panel with a single click... I know a hot-key is quicker, but some of us are still used to use the mouse to reach the emoticon panel

I don't really understand, do you mean adding an extra little button so that you can reach all of your emotes in one page? Or just another button to reach the emotes already, i don't really see the point, just put in '(' and wait, if you don't want to do this, then you may aswell memorise a lot of your custom emotes or something, because theres no real point in creating another button when patchou has already created the hotkey.
10-14-2004 07:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tbcat

O.P. RE: Features request
I know that you can reach the panel with only a keyboard key, but I think it's quicker to have an icon (as the msn has for their "official emoticons") ir at least people is more used to reach the panel in this way.... Only my opinion...

ok, the emoticon button perhaps is not a good idea, but what about the different mail indicators for different accounts?
10-14-2004 05:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
what about the different mail indicators for different accounts?
The amount of new emails for each account is already shown in the toast:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=324924]

As you can see, I have 1 new email in my first account and 0 in my second account...

.png File Attachment: mailtoast.png (4.49 KB)
This file has been downloaded 360 time(s).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2004 03:35 PM
tbcat

I didnīt know that. But this doesnīt seem to work with my two mail accounts... Perhaps it's because I have a pop3 mail acount and my hotmail account, and not two pop3 mail accounts... I don`t know, just wondering (in my case the (??,??) doesnīt appear at all)

Anyway, why not put this indicator next to de mail message in the main window too? It would be easier to look at whenever you want
10-19-2004 05:33 AM
tbcat

Does anybody know how to make different accounts appear with different mails counts? (like in CookieRevised message). I have been looking for this option but I didnt' find it...
10-28-2004 04:11 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
2- I know that there are a lot of ways to reach the msn emoticon panel (even with a hot-key), but I think it would be great to have an option to activate an special icon (or using the msn standard emoticon icon) to reach the panel with a single click... I know a hot-key is quicker, but some of us are still used to use the mouse to reach the emoticon panel
in a conversation window, click on the plus! button in the toolbar, then click on "show the quick icon panel" ("Mostrar panel de iconos gestuales")
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-28-2004 04:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Does anybody know how to make different accounts appear with different mails counts? (like in CookieRevised message). I have been looking for this option but I didnt' find it...

What do you mean exactly? What is shown in the toast are just the two values of the number of new emails of my two mailaccounts, filled out in Plus! > Preferences > POP3 E-mail....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-28-2004 06:07 AM
tbcat

quote:
What do you mean exactly? What is shown in the toast are just the two values of the number of new emails of my two mailaccounts, filled out in Plus! > Preferences > POP3 E-mail....

Is there any way to do the same but with a pop3 e-mail and the hotmail default e-mail account (instead of two pop3 accounts)? (that was what I asked for the first time :P)

quote:
in a conversation window, click on the plus! button in the toolbar, then click on "show the quick icon panel" ("Mostrar panel de iconos gestuales")

I know that, that is the way I reach the panel. But I thought it would be great to have the panel with a SINGLE mouse click. All the same, I understand it sounds silly, so just forget about that.

10-30-2004 05:01 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: