What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Sponsorship program and an apology

Sponsorship program and an apology
Author: Message:
us8h3sc

O.P. Cool  Sponsorship program and an apology
I wrote last night about having massive problems removing the msgplus sponsorship program from my computer and whined more and more about the connection about Patchou and the C2 Media Ltd. Located in Hampstead Grear Britain.

I have now removed the msgplus software AND the sponsorship program totally and solely with Patchous instructions. For this I thank you and your support.

I need to point out that the problems to remove the sponsorship program was totally my own fault and that I have personally installed an hidded process of AD-WATCH which actually blocks the registry changes, in this case it blocked the removal changes to my registry. For this I blamed msgplus and the sponsor program, I was wrong and apology this.

My full support to the msgplus development team and Patchou.

Small notes for patchou.
1) Would it be possible to change the order in the participate/not participate selection in installer? Not to participate on top of participate. This will support  non English speaking persons to select on default not to participate based to experience where they are instructed by friends in installation phase "just press ok - next - next - next and finish" This way by default the selection would be not tot participate.

2) Could the sponsorship program be removable by add/remove programs in control panel?

3) When msgplus is offered with multible languages, could the installer be also, for non English speaking users the information provided in the explanation window of sponsorship program has no meaning.

Thank you and I am sorry about non valid complaints.

us8h3sc - Still using msgplus (Y)
11-05-2004 06:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsorship program and an apology
quote:
Originally posted by us8h3sc
1) Would it be possible to change the order in the participate/not participate selection in installer? Not to participate on top of participate. This will support  non English speaking persons to select on default not to participate based to experience where they are instructed by friends in installation phase "just press ok - next - next - next and finish" This way by default the selection would be not tot participate.
u can change the language of Plus! before u agree to the sponsors installation, that means that the window is translated to every language included in MsgPlus! ;)
quote:
Originally posted by us8h3sc
3) When msgplus is offered with multible languages, could the installer be also, for non English speaking users the information provided in the explanation window of sponsorship program has no meaning.
it is! check the first window and change the language... it will aplly automagically ;)

This post was edited on 11-05-2004 at 06:29 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-05-2004 06:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
whippingboy

hmm well I have a similar problem and I don't have any such process running.  I disable my AVG antivirus, and Zone alarm.   I have spybot but it isn't running when I uninstall.  So my system is now a prisoner of lop because I tried to get rid of the adware with spybot before i realized it was messenger plus.  what a crock.
11-17-2004 01:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by whippingboy
hmm well I have a similar problem and I don't have any such process running.  I disable my AVG antivirus, and Zone alarm.   I have spybot but it isn't running when I uninstall.  So my system is now a prisoner of lop because I tried to get rid of the adware with spybot before i realized it was messenger plus.  what a crock.

Stop using Spybot, reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor, uninstall it like indicated in the instructions, and then reinstall it without the sponsor. Then start using Spybot again. Everything should be fine.
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-17-2004 03:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: