What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Adware Program - removal?!

Adware Program - removal?!
Author: Message:
jed

O.P. Adware Program - removal?!
This follows on from thread started by John  4300.

I feel I have to take responsiblity for my young teenage son downloading messgenger plus with the sponser software.  At the same time he had no idea what it entailed and that it would be so difficult to remover.  I expect most people who accept it also have no idea what they are getting into.

However you developers need to take responsibility for including this Lop adware in your program which is the most hated adware on the internet.  The reason it is so hated is that it highjacks browsers and is so difficult to remove.  And when you think you have removed it, it keeps coming back.  Not because something new has been downloaded with lop software in, but because it is designed NOT to be permanently removed.

Do a search on"removing lop adware" on google and find out how hated this software is, for the reasons I have just given.

I have tried all your suggestions for removal, including going to lop.com and using their uninstaller - all to no avail.  They dont want their software removed.

Why you include with your download installation of Messenger Plus is beyond belief.

Jed
11-17-2004 02:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Adware Program - removal?!
quote:
Originally posted by jed
Do a search on"removing lop adware" on google and find out how hated this software is, for the reasons I have just given.
Those Google results don't necessarily apply to the optional sponsor program bundled with Messenger Plus. The MsgPlus version has been customized quite a bit by Patchou, and doesn't contain as much dodgy stuff as the normal version.
11-17-2004 03:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Look the version of Lop.com included as an Optional piece of software isn't like other versions. This version is stripped down completly. It adds a search bar, favorites, desktop icons and changes the start page, THATS IT! Please read other posts about this cause its not as bad as you are making it out to be. The uninstall is easy by simply uninstalling Plus!. Or you can use the Lop.com uninstaller which works.

Sorry I have to cut this post short, I am at work and my break is over.
11-17-2004 04:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by jed
the most hated adware on the internet.  The reason it is so hated is that it highjacks browsers and is so difficult to remove.

It isn't THE most hated one, they have even created the uninstaller for it, its simple to get rid of, if y ou don't use adaware or any other removal programs, then its really easy to remove.
11-17-2004 07:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: