What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Uninstalling Messenger Plus

Uninstalling Messenger Plus
Author: Message:
TEEH

TEEH

O.P. Huh?  Uninstalling Messenger Plus
Sorry but as usual Microsoft made a mess with Plus, I had the old messenger 6.2 and was chatting when messenger plus opened a window and told me if I wanted the new update for Plus, I said yes but without ads or sponsor, the installation completed on line and I turned off the computer, after rebooting I decided to install the messenger 7.0 but did not uninstall the old messenger plus and finally the new messenger Beta 7 was installed, after that Plus appeared and told me about re initiating messenger etc etc, I did three times and never appeared Plus, after that I decided to uninstall messenger plus and went to the add/remove tab in control panel and checked the list but no Plus removal at all. I should try to remove the old version and install the beta version to keep things cleaner but I do not know how to remove the old Plus.
Patchou can you help me with this,

Regards,

Thor Hedderich
01-01-2005 11:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Uninstalling Messenger Plus
For Messenger Plus!, it's not necessary to remove the old version, you can install the new version over the old one.

If you want to remove Messenger Plus!, you should go to Start => Control Panel => Add/Remove Programs and look for "Messenger Plus!". If it does not appear, reinstall Messenger Plus! to make sure it was correctly installed.

To use Messenger Plus! with MSN Messenger 7 BETA, you must see this thread => Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger 7 - 3.40 BETA.

This post was edited on 01-01-2005 at 11:38 PM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

01-01-2005 11:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: