What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unistall Msg+

Unistall Msg+
Author: Message:
madawg

O.P. Unistall Msg+
ok this is really pissing me off......i needed toget rid of Msg+ becasue i needed more room on my computer..... but i cant get it off....everytime i try to remove it on add/remove programs i get this message:
"Messenger Plus! has not been installed properly on this system.
Please download and install the setup package of this program."
now i've tried to download it again ... but i guess i need to download Msg+3 not Msg+3.252 or w/e  but i cant download Msg+3 cuz thats not avalible so now everytime i start up my computer i get the message:Messenger Plus! has not been installed properly on this system.
Please download and install the setup package of this program.
and since Msg+ slows down my computer it takes even longer for me to get on the web. oh yeh i did i mention the ANNOYING ICONS THAT CAME DOWNLOADING the thing ....... that i cant detele btw!!!!! oh yeh and that VIRUS i got from it and dont tell me i downloaded it from somewhere else cuz i downloaded it from this exact website........... now all i want is the link to download Msg+3 not 3.3 not 3.2.5........3......got it?!btw i appologize for the spelling errors... i dont spelll good when im mad...
01-03-2005 01:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Unistall Msg+
1) Plus! has no virus
2) To get rid of Plus! you must re-install it. If you installed the sponser then tried to remove it with a spyware removal tool then you must re-install with accepting the sponser. Then Un-install.
3) Just download the new version. It overwrites previous versions anyway.

This post was edited on 01-03-2005 at 01:53 AM by GiantSpider.
01-03-2005 01:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by madawg
i ve download the new version like  MILLION TIMES nothings working......
Have you tried re-installing with the sponser?
01-03-2005 01:57 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Hello there!

GiantSpider has given you great advice, you should follow it.

Messenger Plus! has no virus. But some anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-adware software incorrectly detect some files as virus or spyware.

Please, when installing Messenger Plus! read carefully each screen, as it crearly tells you it has a sponsor program.

The sponsor program does not harm your system, but if you wish to remove it, follow these steps from this thread => How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

01-03-2005 02:21 AM
madawg

O.P. RE: Unistall Msg+
I must appologize for my rudness of my last post i have succsessfully uninstalled the piece of........unindstalled Msg+... no coment.. my fault...although i didnt install the "sponser"... it was just me being stupid.. silly me**slaps herself**
as for the virius it was a msn virius.......literly the virius atacks msn users and allows people to hack ur emails.....i am currently on my third msn account... and i might have to create YET another account...becasue my latest one was hacked before i got to use... btw if ur friends gives u a joke....... that sends a window up looking like the msn sign in window dont trust it.. not only does it have the msn virius.. if u put ur password and email it give it to the person who gave it to u!!
01-03-2005 02:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: