What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Competion taking users MSN passwords and usernames

Competion taking users MSN passwords and usernames
Author: Message:
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Competion taking users MSN passwords and usernames
I just saw this news on the danish news site www.comon.dk.
For those who understand Danish, read it here: http://www.comon.dk/index.php/news/show/id=21589

I have made a quick translation, so please dont complain about typos :P

quote:
On the website Gratiskonkurrence.dk can you at the moment win a cellphone. But the competion urge the users to tell ones password and username on MSN Messenger, so that the people behind the competion can tell everyone about the competion.

Lars Axel Andersen was one of them who was taking part in the competion. But he could smell that there was something wrong:

»It is untasteful and maybe even illegal. I am convinced that, Microsoft and the goverment agress with me on this,« says Lars Axel Andersen.

»If the idea is to spread ads to all the of users contact persons, then its cleary breaking the law on how you can send ads to people ,« says Carsten Strøjer.

He also means that the method that are used is conflicting with the law about privacy, because the company can with the username and password read all if the users messages.

Its not possible to get a comment from gratiskonkurrence.dk. And a search on DK-Hostmaster just give you the respond that the site is registred to a secret person, and there is no contact information on the site. Maybe the people behind this website doesn’t want the press or the users to contact them.

I think it is just plain sick and stupid, that will get caught in a matter of time.
Just move this if you feel it doesnt belong here
03-21-2005 02:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Competion taking users MSN passwords and usernames
That's just stupid and exploiting people, plus if they do type passwords <they're silly>, it's gonna be dangerous

This post was edited on 03-21-2005 at 02:55 PM by mwe99.
03-21-2005 02:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: