What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Spamming due to MSGPlus! Competion

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Spamming due to MSGPlus! Competion
Author: Message:
Sully

I am SeXeh :P

37 / Male / –
O.P. Spamming due to MSGPlus! Competion
Hello,

Well just as I was about to go to bed, someone added me to there contact list-  named :: "Get the new Messenger Plus now! [URL REMOVED]". I accepted, and the user just said a few times::

"get the new Messenger Plus [URL REMOVED]".

So - basicaly due to the competion some dude is going around adding people to his MSN, spamming to win the prize, and blocking the user. Its seriously annoying, has anyone else got this problem? Id like this idiot to be removed from the contest and a public announcment be made to embarase him and set an example of what will happen if you spam to win.

The ID in the link (may help find who he is) is: 16301

With an email address of:  swifter_fly@hotmail.com.

No idea who the dude is, just added me to spam me - then blocked me.

Thanks in advance for your help, sorry if this has been posted already. Cant find it but im half dead to look really hard :/

- Sully
04-03-2005 12:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Spamming due to MSGPlus! Competion
thanks for reporting this.....that is really not on, i hope someone takes action to rectify this.... ermm Fraisie maybe?

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 12:41 AM by M73A.

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-03-2005 12:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sully
Id like this idiot to be removed from the contest and a public announcment be made to embarase him and set an example of what will happen if you spam to win.

I understand you in a way, and don't in another...

What you have to remember is that the cotest is about getting new users to get msg plus!

Now of course you shouldn't exgerate it by spamming or adding ppl you don't know, but now to ask for the guy to be out of the contest..? I don't belive anyone will  do it..

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
thanks for reporting this.....that is really not on, i hope someone takes action to rectify this.... ermm Fraisie maybe?

I don't think so man, what proofs does the guy have that this is true..?  could get you out of the contest too if admins wod kick pplout without proofs..

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 12:44 AM by albert.
04-03-2005 12:42 AM
Sully

I am SeXeh :P

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Spamming due to MSGPlus! Competion
Iv made the matter aware to MSN for a start.

I have a full log of the whole conversation and I am willing to give it to someone who will deal with the matter.

Its all about trust. I think the way he is going about promoting MSGPlus! is cheating (by spamming).

- Sully
04-03-2005 12:46 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Iv made the matter aware to MSN for a start.

I have a full log of the whole conversation and I am willing to give it to someone who will deal with the matter.

Its all about trust. I think the way he is going about promoting MSGPlus! is cheating (by spamming).

- Sully

look man im with you ok? completly with you, but let's say some1 comesup and says the same thing about me? i'd be out just like that? yor saying you got a log.. well a log is easy to make man.. come on..
04-03-2005 12:48 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
What you have to remember is that the cotest is about getting new users to get msg plus!

Now of course you shouldn't exgerate it by spamming or adding ppl you don't know, but now to ask for the guy to be out of the contest..? I don't belive anyone will  do it..
Spamming random people like that is NOT allowed and will get you disqualified.

quote:
look man im with you ok? completly with you, but let's say some1 comesup and says the same thing about me? i'd be out just like that? yor saying you got a log.. well a log is easy to make man.. come on..
It's very easy to check if the spammer has indeed spammed his link. It will be reflected in his contest hitcount....

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 12:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-03-2005 12:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
Ok, I'll make sure this is brought to Patchou's attention. He will most likly be banned from the competition.

~ Wj
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
04-03-2005 12:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
At least a warning... he could have had intentions of spreading Messenger Plus... and just used his referral ID without giving it any mind....(A)(A)(A)(A)

(I'm Mr. Brightside)

-i look on the bright side in other words...-

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 12:55 AM by Joe.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
04-03-2005 12:55 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Thank you for reporting. I checked the chances of this user and apparently, nobody has increased his chances. For now, I'll consider the matter closed, if he bothers you again, please create a new thread (spamming is definitively not tolerated).

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 02:25 AM by wj.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-03-2005 01:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Id like this idiot to be removed from the contest and a public announcment be made to embarase him and set an example of what will happen if you spam to win.

I understand you in a way, and don't in another...

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance

I don't think so man, what proofs does the guy have that this is true..?  could get you out of the contest too if admins wod kick pplout without proofs..

im probably just being a bit naive, but why would you bother....he's still gotta win before it will actually affect him in some way....the chances of winning imo arent v high:)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-03-2005 10:02 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: