What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MS Antispyware reported plus as spyware?

MS Antispyware reported plus as spyware?
Author: Message:
Sikandar Hayat

O.P. MS Antispyware reported plus as spyware?
Hi,
Today I installed MS Antispyware (beta) and after scanning got report that due to Messenger Plus some spyware are installed on your machine. Well by default the setting was Ignore but when I used Removed my Messenger Plus stopped working. A screen shot is attached.

.jpg File Attachment: MSAntispy.JPG (151.46 KB)
This file has been downloaded 219 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-09-2005 at 04:20 AM by Sikandar Hayat.
04-09-2005 04:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Caboose

35 / Male / –
RE: MS Antispyware reported plus as spyware?
This has been known for quite some time now; MS AntiSpyware wrongly detects Messenger Plus! as spyware (actually, an adware bundler). If you chose not to install the sponsor during MsgPlus! installation, it has not been on your machine. Just set it to "Ignore" in MS AntiSpyware.

This post was edited on 04-09-2005 at 04:21 AM by Caboose.
04-09-2005 04:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sikandar Hayat
Hi,
Today I installed MS Antispyware (beta) and after scanning got report that due to Messenger Plus some spyware are installed on your machine. Well by default the setting was Ignore but when I used Removed my Messenger Plus stopped working. A screen shot is attached.

like Caboose said. The only spyware in msg plus is the sponser WHICH IS OPTIONAL. But from the screenshot that u posted it wasnt the sponsor. So it is just the program that rongly detects it. You shouldnt be worried

edit: Look here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42100

This post was edited on 04-09-2005 at 07:56 AM by .Roy.
04-09-2005 07:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sikandar Hayat

O.P. RE: MS Antispyware reported plus as spyware?

Well nice to have your response else I was thinking that this may be due to monoply approach by Oracle so stopping such a nice software. But anyway MS should remove such checks. This is my point of veiw.
04-12-2005 04:06 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

The request wouldn't be really taken, as Giant are the suppliers of the definitions, and in many programs, Lop/c2media is noticed as bad adware, therefore, it will recognize this as an adware bundler...

It won't recognize the intensity of the adware but... it's just something that Patchou and all of the members have to put up with...
04-12-2005 04:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If, you too, you think that MS is makign a mistake with their Anti-Spyware program,please email them about it, that's the only way things will change. Thank you :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-12-2005 05:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sikandar Hayat

O.P. RE: MS Antispyware reported plus as spyware?

Pl read "monoply approach by Microsoft" instead of "monoply approach by Oracle".

Even I think there is no need to have check like this as for a test I removed what MS claimed harmful while Messenger Plus will work as per my thinking but...................I had to reinstall and immediately uninstalled MSspyware from my pc.
04-14-2005 09:28 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: