What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » [Split] Reputation System

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Split] Reputation System
Author: Message:
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: [Split] Reputation System
I agree with wj, all this "remove T&T" "remove reps" is rubbish really.
Removing somthing isnt the answer, everyone growing up and stoping acting so childish about it is the answer.
Yeh in some special cases it causes problems (I.E. Tasha and Joa dont feel they deserve their reps) In that case the reps should be deleted and then user can rate them properly.
04-11-2005 03:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by wj
Well. It's staying for now.

If you think it's a bad system, ignore it.
very well put

I like the rep system. It keeps me on track and it makes me want to help more and be good so i can get better reputation. Its like a challenge. It keeps me on the right tracks :P
04-11-2005 04:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wj

I'm not really advocating it's removal, but I think it'd work better if reputation wasn't a number.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-11-2005 10:20 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I'm not really advocating it's removal, but I think it'd work better if reputation wasn't a number.
What would be better? There would always be different levels (and therefore the possibility of competition), and those levels would be based on numbers.
04-12-2005 03:05 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
True, having a reptuation system is always going to be stating that someone is potentially better then someone else.
People that are helping alot deserve the positive feedback but people that are trying their best but not getting people giving them positive reps can be depressive ;).

I don't really care what happens, but its obvious that something needs to be done
Segosa is newb.
04-12-2005 03:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

32 / Male / Flag
yes it should stay but it means nothing tbh its not how people think of you realy its if they could be botherd or not to give you one i think everyone deserve at least one rep for something but i dont pay much atention to it . its a good system and should stay and if people dont like it ignore it as wj said
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
04-12-2005 03:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wj

Tell that to the rep-obsessed people. 8-)

Then they blame others because of their higher reps and stuff. And while we all know they have no control over other people.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

04-12-2005 04:05 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
i think the rep system is important, and should stay.

when not abused, the reputation system helps distinguish people (such as Cookie and Sunshine among others) for their help and contribution to the community. it is sort of like getting awards, and indicates that those people did something worthwhile, and that they are respected members. the reputation votes are also a way of showing appreaciation towards the person who is being voted for.

when it comes to negative votes, it can really help a person see the mistake they are making. it can help people improve.

i think that the system should stay
, but, more attention should have been payed when GIVING a vote. i think after the series of events that took place, members of these forums will hopefully be more sensible when giving out either positive or negative rep points. it is also my hope that their reasons for voting will become more legitimate.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-12-2005 04:36 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
What would be better? There would always be different levels (and therefore the possibility of competition), and those levels would be based on numbers.
True, but I think scaling the numbers to, say, one of five levels, should reduce some of the rep-hunting.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-12-2005 07:56 AM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
* Tasha makes a more detailed post.

When not abused, the reputation is very good, and can motivate people to continue posting, and help out more.

However, sometimes, people give reputations too quickly to 'n00bs' that make mistakes. I know I have done in the past, but i'm gonna be more lenient with them.

The reputation system has a very high value to some members, and they get very uptight if someone who has been here for less time then them, has a higher rep. To be completely honest, it shouldn't matter. It is just a number that doesn't actually reflect who a person is, and what they are really really like.

However, I guess it should stay, as it is important, and will help to make people want to help far more, and make them keep coming back.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
04-12-2005 05:12 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: