What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN sound problems

MSN sound problems
Author: Message:
hb96tuner

O.P. MSN sound problems
Well, i'm having a problem with the sound on my messenger and I have tried all that I can to try a fix it but still with no luck. All of the sounds associated with msn (ie:nudges, sign ins, new emailsetc...) none of them are working, they haven't been working for quite some time and I recently downloaded 7.0 and still not working, deleted all MSN messenger from my computer and downloaded again...still no luck. There isn't any problem with sound on my computer with any other programs, and it seems to be just with the MSN. All of the sounds are in my program files but they just aren't working!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
04-12-2005 05:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
awx

RE: MSN sound problems
i have problem with sounds too, but with emoticon sounds only. and the problem is that i cant hear sound even when i sent it to someone. Aaaand, when i've logged into msn with other acocunt on the same PC, i can hear sounds. Where is the problem? Configuration of these two acocunts is the same. i'm confused.

btw: when i'm sendin or recievin sound, i see only this: Messenger Plus! Sound {code} soundname; and on other account i see: Action: Play sound "blabla".

This post was edited on 04-12-2005 at 05:26 AM by awx.
04-12-2005 05:14 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hb96tuner
Well, i'm having a problem with the sound on my messenger and I have tried all that I can to try a fix it but still with no luck. All of the sounds associated with msn (ie:nudges, sign ins, new emailsetc...) none of them are working, they haven't been working for quite some time and I recently downloaded 7.0 and still not working, deleted all MSN messenger from my computer and downloaded again...still no luck. There isn't any problem with sound on my computer with any other programs, and it seems to be just with the MSN. All of the sounds are in my program files but they just aren't working!!!
go to:
tools > options > alerts and sounds > and go to the sounds button.
make sure that windows default is selected. check all the sounds associated with "MSN messenger" click on them and play them. if the sounds don't play, you may be asked to find them manually. :-/ so you might have to look for them.

if it still does not work, uninstall MSN, restart the computer, remove all folders associated with MSN and reinstall MSN.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-12-2005 05:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MSN sound problems
quote:
Originally posted by awx
btw: when i'm sendin or recievin sound, i see only this: Messenger Plus! Sound {code} soundname; and on other account i see: Action: Play sound "blabla".

This will only happen when Plus! is not loaded up. Check for the Plus! option at the top of the contact list to see if this account has Plus! running
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

04-12-2005 05:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
awx

emm... how it  can be not loaded up, if i can use all functions of Plus! and on other account on the same PC at the same time, i can hear all sounds? :S maybe i need reinstall messenger and plus :S

ok, i've solved my problem myself. And i want to tll u, that this problem was due to word filtering. I was enabled word filtering [ says: filtered by :     [5 simbols]. So, i don't know, is it a bug or sth like that, or u have suggestions how to filter "says:" and hear all sending/recieving emoticon sounds.

This post was edited on 04-12-2005 at 03:34 PM by Fraisie.
04-12-2005 06:47 AM
hb96tuner

O.P. RE: RE: MSN sound problems
quote]
go to:
tools > options > alerts and sounds > and go to the sounds button.
make sure that windows default is selected. check all the sounds associated with "MSN messenger" click on them and play them. if the sounds don't play, you may be asked to find them manually. :-/ so you might have to look for them.

if it still does not work, uninstall MSN, restart the computer, remove all folders associated with MSN and reinstall MSN.

I done all of this and still no luck!! There is also one other sound that do not work on my computer that when i think about it...also dissappeared about the same time, that sound is the trash sound that is associated with the recycle bin, the sound of scrunching paper when you delete items from the bin.
04-12-2005 02:12 PM
Kally

I'm having the exact some problem - I have no sound associated with MSN and I usually had a notification of a different sound when one of my buddies signed on but now don't have that neither nor the Plus sounds.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
04-12-2005 08:42 PM
hb96tuner

O.P. RE: MSN sound problems
Well I found the problem after hours of searching...there seemed to be some sort of item that was eating away at my registry. So instead of repairing my registry, I found it to be much easier just to reformat.  It only took an hour and I was back ready to go again (without any problems!!)

And just think...if I had only done that in the begining, I wouldn't have spent twice as much time finding the problem in the first place!
04-13-2005 02:52 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: