What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How come i cant receive music/movie files?

How come i cant receive music/movie files?
Author: Message:
angel of death

– / Female / –
O.P. Huh?  How come i cant receive music/movie files?
I have a problem, and would really appreciate it if somoene could help me solve it.  I currently have MSN 7.0 with Messenger Plus the newest version. When my friends try to send me movie/music files, I cant receive them as it tells me "This file has been blocked because it is potentially unsafe." But when I send these types of files to my friends, they can receive them.  Can you please help me please thanks.  :)
04-17-2005 08:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: How come i cant receive music/movie files?
Some files in MSN have been blocked for security. Try getting you're friend to WinZip the file then send it you.
04-17-2005 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
To unblock the blocked extensions in MSNM 7 you can use File Extension Unblocker available here: http://tinyurl.com/4wynj or SPNG available at http://www.stuffplug.com (MsgPlus! required) Please note that these filetypes were blocked in order to counter the propagation of viruses over the .NET Messenger network. Always be wary of any file you receive!

If you install StuffPlug, go to your main Contact list, click on Plus! from the menu, and choose Prefrences, click on Plugins button, and then choose StuffPlug from the list, click on Configure afterwards, then choose MSNM7 from top, you'll have serval options, that is "Remove MSN File Blocking feature", you need to check.

This post was edited on 04-17-2005 at 08:28 PM by brian.
04-17-2005 08:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
angel of death

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: How come i cant receive music/movie files?
thanks all!
ooh now it works XD thankss soo much =)

~well you see, the files that were blocked earlier were mpg, mpeg, and avi files, as well as mp3, wma files... which personally i dont think those are virus files o.O or could be virus files, but then again I could be wrong =/

This post was edited on 04-17-2005 at 09:38 PM by angel of death.
04-17-2005 09:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
AFAIK, media files can't have viruses embedded in them. The reason they were blocked is a potentially harmful type is on the list, a program on your system opens that blocked type and media types, and MSNM7 went '2+2=5'.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-17-2005 11:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: