What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat

Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat
Author: Message:
ferrangomis

O.P. Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat
Hi there,

I would like to suggest an idea for the plugin, wich I think is pretty cool.
It is to create an "invisible state" were you can see everyone, but no one can see you, as the "offline state", but I want to be able to chat with people (people I see online, of course).

I've been looking in the forums, but didn't found this as a suggestion for msgplus! There is a lot of people asking for bots or plugins that could do this, so if we could have into next version of msgplus! would be great.
Don't you think so?

See ya
04-28-2005 09:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat
Well what u can do for that is block everyone that u dont want to see u online and thus u can chat with everyone that u see online :)
U cant chat with ppl when ur offline / appear offline due to msn protocol. It just doesnt allow it afaik.

What u can do is 1st sign in as offline.
2nd block everyone whom u dont want seeing u online
3rd change status to online
4th chat with users u havent blocked
5th unblock everyone u had blocked in step 1 when ur done :cheesy:

I guess this is an idea in ur way :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-28-2005 09:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ferrangomis

O.P. RE: RE: Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Well what u can do for that is block everyone that u dont want to see u online and thus u can chat with everyone that u see online :)
U cant chat with ppl when ur offline / appear offline due to msn protocol. It just doesnt allow it afaik.

What u can do is 1st sign in as offline.
2nd block everyone whom u dont want seeing u online
3rd change status to online
4th chat with users u havent blocked
5th unblock everyone u had blocked in step 1 when ur done :cheesy:

I guess this is an idea in ur way :)

I know, but this is what I don't want to do, everytime blocking and unblocking people, it should be a lot easier, that's why I posted the suggestion. Like in Yahoo Messenger, there is this "Invisible state".

If the MSN Messenger protocol does not allow this, then Plus! could block everyone when entering this "invisible state" (saving a list of who was really blocked by user and who was not), allowing user to do that in a very easy way. And unblocking people (from the list) when entering in any other state.

This way all the block-unblock people is transparent for the user, and there is an usefull and simple feature, that by the way I would love to have. Because, sincerely, I'm not gonna do all the block-unblock people everytime.

But thank you anyway!:D

By the way, I posted the same suggestion in the Stuffplug forum (I've seen some of the moderators, and even ThBlasphemer are in this forum too), but as "Personalised status" are implemented in msgplus! I think this feature should be implemented in here too.
04-28-2005 10:00 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat
Please read CyBeRDuDe's Answer to: I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but....., it's not exactly what you want, and my block all contacts plugin is not completly finished yet... When unblocking it does also unblock the contacts that was blocked before.. This will be changed later... Hope this is enough for you at the moment... :D
04-28-2005 10:48 AM
ferrangomis

O.P. RE: RE: Plugin suggestion: Appearing offline chat
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Please read CyBeRDuDe's Answer to: I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but....., it's not exactly what you want, and my block all contacts plugin is not completly finished yet... When unblocking it does also unblock the contacts that was blocked before.. This will be changed later... Hope this is enough for you at the moment... :D

Thanks man, I will try it later. Thanks for the information.
04-29-2005 02:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: