What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Troubles in msn server?

Is msn server in good service, and satisfying?
This poll is closed.
YEs 4 57.14%
No 3 42.86%
No COmment 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Troubles in msn server?
Author: Message:
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Troubles in msn server?
Well hi, i was wondering is there any probems with msn server, cause it seems to be so weird these days, for example:

I signin to find i have the left banners, which i usually dont have, cause my location is Lebanon, later i sign in again to find i have the msn space button that i usually dont have, later i signin to find i lost this button again, then later i sign in to find i have the Dynamic DP, later i lost it.

Also, time to time if find the personal message isn't appearing, later it appear, for both , mine and my contact's one, and there is one case i heard about with my friend, he can't add anycontact to his list, even thought he have a space for 50 accounts.

add to that the some little problem connecting to msn server, it always says service was not found, but later on just in the next try, the msn works.

If anyone heard about that, reply. why , and what should we do.

This post was edited on 08-03-2005 at 09:00 AM by zaher1988.
08-03-2005 08:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Troubles in msn server?
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988

I signin to find i have the left banners, which i usually dont have, cause my location is Lebanon
The Tabs can be disabled by doing the following;
Main Messenger Window > Tools > Options > Security > Tick the box next to "This is a shared computer so don't show my tabs"

quote:
later i sign in again to find i have the msn space button that i usually dont have
I don't know if you want to keep it or not but this can be removed with A-Patch. To visit the A-Patch website Click here.
As to the reason why it keeps appearing and disappearing, that could be down to if the service is available in your area.

Many of the other problems could be down to slight server glitches, but most are cleared up by now, there was a lot of maintenance recently but for the most part its done.

The problem may be on your end. Are you using a moded, patched or hacked version of MSN Messenger? And are you using the latest version.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-03-2005 09:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Troubles in msn server?
well i'm using a downloaded version from msn website, and it's the latest version 7.0.816. and i have stuffplug , msn plus, and emoticons to text and anonymail, and it was patched by mess patch, i used it just for the polygamy.

anyway for the tabs, actully even before if u enter the tabs in setting u wont find anything, just the green msn.

and as i mentioned my profile location is Lebanon, and i know that such thing only appears in USA, but it shouldn't appear at all if i'm not there.

i hope the recent maintenance, solved lots of issues, and cleared some things out.
by the way , how do we know if msn is doing maintenance or no??

thanks in advance
08-03-2005 10:30 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Troubles in msn server?
quote:
how do we know if msn is doing maintenance or no??
Usually there's a note on Service Status. Because MSN usually goes down in those cycles.

quote:

anyway for the tabs, actully even before if u enter the tabs in setting u wont find anything, just the green msn.
Green MSN, what adverts are you referring to exactly, please would you provide a screenshot.

quote:
msn plus
I do not believe you are not referring to MSN Plus, you are actually referring to Messenger Plus! created by Patchou. MSN Plus! is a service owned by Microsoft, while Messenger Plus is not made by Microsoft.
Below are the links so you can inspect the difference
Messenger Plus
MSN Plus
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-03-2005 11:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Troubles in msn server?
yeah yeah sorry i missed up by mistake i wrote msn plus instead of messenger cause usually we use this  word here.

what i mean by Green msn, mean the green msn icon, the one on the top of the tabs list, the one for the contacts list :) .

thanks again
08-03-2005 11:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: