What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Profile notifier

Profile notifier
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
O.P. Shocked  Profile notifier
Just sitting here thinking and trying to look for who's updated their profile recently when I came up with something that I hope somebody could make!

A plug-in or program that made a pop-up or something when somebody would modify their Public Profile... It would be very useful to some people like me who look at profiles pretty often especially when there's nothing to do.

EDIT: Well, nobody's answered yet... Had it up all day... I was kinda hoping somebody would... I can describe what I'd like more...

Okay, I went through it, and when somebody would edit their public profile a pop up notification would be recieved... The notification could say

" ____ has updated their public profile.

would you like to check it now?

Yes                         No           

Always perform this action? (   )         "

This post was edited on 08-06-2005 at 05:44 AM by qgroessl.
08-06-2005 12:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Profile notifier
isnt athat like updating msn space dho? and i read somewhere that public profiles arent gonna last long it will all be taken to msn spaces
[Image: guanako20.png]
08-06-2005 08:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Profile notifier
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
isnt athat like updating msn space dho? and i read somewhere that public profiles arent gonna last long it will all be taken to msn spaces

I'm not sure... I haven't heard anything about that... If that does happen then I guess it doesn't pay for anybody to make it... But! If they do keep profiles I think it would be nice...

Also I don't see why Mircrosoft would wanna get rid of profiles... Not everybody likes MSN Spaces.
08-06-2005 02:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Profile notifier
read this at www.mess.be
UPDATE: Overdo just posted more details on the social networking plans. Your circle of friends will be integrated into MSN Spaces, MSN Hotmail and MSN Messenger contact cards, and be manageable through a menu called Contact Control. From Jupiter's Microsoft Monitor: "In someone's My Space, there will appear pictures of the friends, which can include friends of other friends. Friends can be added from people known or associated with friends or from MSN Spaces searches. If friends are on MSN Messenger, a special icon indicates so."

Also according to Overdo, MSN Profiles will replace the MSN Member Directory and turn into a content module you can display on your Space. The personal information and the Display Picture stored in your MSN Profile will be shared across all MSN services, but you can create up to four profiles for different groups of people: there's a general profile, a social profile, a personal profile, and a business profile. Finally, with MSN Live Contacts, you can easily update your contact information in one central place.

thats what i read
[Image: guanako20.png]
08-06-2005 06:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: