What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger signing in Problem

MSN Messenger signing in Problem
Author: Message:
risk_reversal

O.P. MSN Messenger signing in Problem
I wonder if someone can help me please. I have the following problem.

When I sign in to MSN Messenger (v6.2.0205), I get the MSN logo turning (2 people) and it says signing. The hourglass sysmbol is on the screen but after about 30 seconds or so the 'Sign In' box reappears on the left hand side. The hourglass symbol also just remains there and only disappears if I click on the 'Sign In' button again.

I do not get any kind of error message.

I access the net by way of broadband but this also happens when I try accessing the net with a modem. I have tried to disable my AV+FW (norton unfortunately) but to no avail. Uninstalling an reinstalling messenger made no difference. Also this problem seemingly manifested itself from 'one day to the next'.

In the first instance I did read the sticky as regards problems associated with signing in with messenger and wondered if the registry fixes could be used in my particular case ie not getting an error message at all.   

Many thanks for any info you can provide
and if you see a long tunnel 'stay away from the light'
08-14-2005 12:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger signing in Problem
you should try the new msn messenger you are using 6.2 which may be the cause of the problem ;)
08-14-2005 12:17 PM
risk_reversal

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger signing in Problem
Many thanks for your reply Absorbation. Hear what you are saying, I do however run this particular version on other installations without any kind of issues. Usually, with older unspported versions (as you are aware), login failure is accompanied by a message instructing the user to upgrade which I do not get.

I will have a go with a newer version. In case this does not resolve my problem, are the various registry edits provided in the thread below relevant.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20295

Appreciate that in some cases fixing msn messenger seems to be more a 'black art'.

Cheers
and if you see a long tunnel 'stay away from the light'
08-14-2005 12:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: