What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » help needed pls (forgot password)

help needed pls (forgot password)
Author: Message:
ImaPane

50 / – / –
O.P. help needed pls (forgot password)
my daughter encrypted her files but does not now remeber the psw. I know you can't retrieve, but if I unistall and have her reinstall will it remove the feature on future msgs. she can't take the option off because she needs the psw to get into that section lol

This post was edited on 11-17-2005 at 07:04 PM by WDZ.
11-17-2005 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
QtanJ

34 / Male / –
RE: help needed pls (forgot password)
If it's the logfiles it's easy to change, but it's option-lock? If it's the first it's just to make a new password to logg new files with knowable password. Else I suggest to delete global.dat in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus! if you have xp.If that screw up messenger plus then reinstall.

You change password with going to  options, privacy,  password and click on change password or remove the encrypt every logg file.

Sorry if some of my explaination is wrong because I didn't change to English language in messenger plus to give the best answer.
Linux > Windows
Opengl > DirectX
11-17-2005 08:09 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
My belif is that it is impossible to unencrypt chatlogs without the right password.

Secondly i know alot of my friends mainly girls who get angry with their parents when they view their chat logs and if anything it you make your relationshop worse. I suggest you let them keep their privacy.

But if you want to simply try and found out your daughters password.
11-17-2005 08:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ImaPane

50 / – / –
O.P. RE: help needed pls (forgot password)
I don't really care about hers and if I didn't have her permission to try and fix it for her I would not. Her problem is she can't change her options cause she don't remeber her password...

If I wanted to know what she was talking about I would ask her.. I don't need to read her chats to find out whats going on in her life, cause she tells me.

and as a side note we have some of the same contacts and it encrypts mine to. 

I just want her to be able to change her options like she wants to, but thanks for the advice, it is much appreaciated
11-17-2005 08:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
My belif is that it is impossible to unencrypt chatlogs without the right password.

Secondly i know alot of my friends mainly girls who get angry with their parents when they view their chat logs and if anything it you make your relationshop worse. I suggest you let them keep their privacy.

But if you want to simply try and found out your daughters password.

The request isn't about decrypting chat logs...

quote:
Originally posted by ImaPane
but if I unistall and have her reinstall will it remove the feature on future msgs.she can't take the option off because she needs the psw to get into that section lol.
Yes, all settings will be removed, but only if you tick "Delete all Messenger Plus! user's preferences" in the Uninstall dialog.

Uninstalling is done by going to your control panel in Windows and selecting "Add/Remove Programs". In that list find "Messenger Plus!" and click on "Uninstall".

----

But if you are comfortable in editing the windows registry, you can take off the preferences lock and password without even uninstalling and reinstalling.

For this refer to "CookieRevised's reply to Preferences Password"
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-18-2005 01:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ImaPane

50 / – / –
O.P. RE: help needed pls (forgot password)
thank you! I appreciate that :) will try removing from registry
thank you so much that worked like a charm!!

.....and just to make the worrier above happy it won't unencrypt the chat without the original pasword. And I only know that cause it told me so when I changed the password to the preferences and took the encryption psw off as well.... with her permission of course.

Like I said b4 I didn'thave any interest in reading her chat logs...
11-18-2005 04:00 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: