What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus is gone when computer is turned back on....

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus is gone when computer is turned back on....
Author: Message:
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus is gone when computer is turned back on....
Go to Start > Search > search for MsgPlus.exe

Once your computer has found that, take note of the folder it is in and tell me. However, if it's not found, I can't see how Messenger Plus! can possible be installed on your system.

If it says it's in C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\ ... then it must be there. Go to Tools > Folder Options > View > Tick Show hidden files and folders, but I can't see any reason why it would be hidden.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-24-2006 03:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus is gone when computer is turned back on....
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Go to Start > Search > search for MsgPlus.exe

Once your computer has found that, take note of the folder it is in and tell me. However, if it's not found, I can't see how Messenger Plus! can possible be installed on your system.

If it says it's in C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\ ... then it must be there. Go to Tools > Folder Options > View > Tick Show hidden files and folders, but I can't see any reason why it would be hidden.

Yeh, this sound like the only thing that you could do to check. Yes, i don't see why MsgPlus.exe would be hidden either.

This is a really unusual problem

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
05-24-2006 05:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
HunieBz

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus is gone when computer is turned back on....
Ok, I just started up the computer....no MSN again, so I did what Chris said, and did a search for msg.exe, and yup its like you said its in C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3  ......  so whats going on?  Why do I have to reinstall it every time then?  I am soooo confused ^o)
05-24-2006 11:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
T U P

Ok, here is the issue every timeyou open the computer your MSN And Plus disappear there is one thing which makes them disappear its a Security Program called PC Shadow its usually used in our school to prevent student from installing any software if they installed when they restart the PC the Programs will disappear so try to find a way that you can disable this shit in
05-25-2006 02:00 AM
HunieBz

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus is gone when computer is turned back on....
I dont think thats the problem.  We have never installed anything like that....plus this never used to happen until recently and we have had Messenger Plus for awhile already, with no glitches whatsoever.  Its just been happening in the last month. 
05-25-2006 03:17 AM
fedematarrita

quote:
Originally posted by fedematarrita
Hi ppl I have been having this trouble for a while, I install messenger plus, the I can use it cool, and the next time I sigin on to my msn messenger plus is no there, by some sort of evil magic it is been uninstalled, I checked the program files folder, and its gone! yesterday I installed the current version that is avilable to download on the site(3.63.148), and also installed the version of msn messenger(7.5.0324) that is on msn site, and still have that problem.  I know it is not a messenger plus bug, because it will be the stupidest thing a developper will do, dont know if it is some problem with my antivirus(Norton Corp. Edition 7.5) or antispyware (counter spy 1.5.268) or with any other sort of  whatever it could be. any sugestions? ideas? references? known bugs? help?

Thanx
Peace

Hey I posted that on an other threat, but I just saw this, so it will be good to add it here. In order to add more info to my case, when the problem appears, on the program files folder what I have its just the plugins folder and the resources folder, and the readme file, I have no PC Shadow, I have full admin role over the domain, not just my computer, and the same, actually it is not everytime I resatrt my pc like HunieBz's, for example yesterday I left my pc jus locked sign off of msn, and today when I came back it was goooooone, nothing on the folder, but msn messenger is there and working fine. And the wierd thing as HunieBz I was running plus on this machine w/o problems one day it was gone try to re install it, the gone so I forgot about using plus, then this week afetr a couple of months w/o plus try again, and still have that frigging prob.
05-26-2006 10:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: