What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalised Contacts List

Personalised Contacts List
Author: Message:
pedroboy

O.P. Personalised Contacts List
Hi everybody! I'm French (nobody's perfect) and i've got some difficulties to see where to go exactly here;
I would like to know the (FABULOUS) way to personalise my contacts list; everyone has a nick, and sometimes a comment; but I was used to had the real name, town, job, etc; and to use this in the windows, conversations, etc;
Who can HELP me?
Thanks for all!
Pedroboy, Nice, France
07-21-2006 08:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Personalised Contacts List
In a conversation window you would need to type
code:
/nick CTRL+K (select a colour) This is my new name
Then press enter

That will set your name with the colour you selected. However you will need to install Messenger Plus! Live from http://msgpluslive.net
07-21-2006 02:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Personalised Contacts List
I think he meant about changing the way the contacts name appears in the contact list.  This is now a feature of Windows Live Messenger.  If you right click on your cotact in the contact list and select edit contact you can then change information about them and a nickname for them. In this area you can also use the ond irc way to colour/bold/italic etc the nickname or use BBcode like [c={colour number}][/c] for example but this is a feature of Messenger Plus! Live not WLM with the colouring etc. (you don't need Messenger Plus! Live for the nicknames however).  I hope this is what you were after.
[Image: markee.png]
07-21-2006 02:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: