What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Msn Main Window Colour Text Changer ?

Msn Main Window Colour Text Changer ?
Author: Message:
Penywise

O.P. Msn Main Window Colour Text Changer ?
Hey, well you know how you have the Script to change your background picture...... What happens if you chose a Black background ? you can read your contact names......is there another Script to change the Colour of your Contact Names in the Main Window ??? Email Me.... l__--@hotmail.com, or post back here i guess....
07-23-2006 10:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Msn Main Window Colour Text Changer ?
I assume you are talking about the newest messenger from microsoft, Windows Live Messenger (WLM) with Messenger Plus! Live.  You have to change this all manually in the WLM personal nickname area (right-click on name > Edit Contact > Nickname).  You can use the same colourings as text for in your nickname or in a conversation.  You can even make it a gradient if you wanted.  I hope this has helped you.
[Image: markee.png]
07-23-2006 10:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Penywise

O.P. RE: Msn Main Window Colour Text Changer ?
Uhh Yeah, im Using Live Messenger, BUT, When i make a Nickname....its there Nickname, so whenever they Change their name, i wont know, coz i will be seeing their Nickname :(
07-23-2006 10:28 AM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Have a look at the picture I've attached, it uses BBcode for just a plain colour but you can also use the old IRC colouring and gradients for BBcode.  You can also change you contacts name to a personal one set by you (you will not be able to see their normal display name though).
[Image: attachment.php?pid=700776]

.png File Attachment: colour nick.png (40.99 KB)
This file has been downloaded 647 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-23-2006 at 10:56 AM by markee.
07-23-2006 10:52 AM
Penywise

O.P. RE: Msn Main Window Colour Text Changer ?
Yeah thanx man, i got what you Meant, and I Done, it, i Changed the Colours the first time...but i cant see their Normal Display name...thats the thing...i just thought there might have been a Script out there like the Background Picture Changer...which just changes the Default Colours of everything....But Thanx Anyway :)
07-23-2006 10:55 AM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Penywise
Yeah thanx man, i got what you Meant, and I Done, it, i Changed the Colours the first time...but i cant see their Normal Display name...thats the thing...i just thought there might have been a Script out there like the Background Picture Changer...which just changes the Default Colours of everything....But Thanx Anyway :)
Sorry this can't be done but I think Patchou has been having some problems with the Nickname feature of WLM and implementing these changes into MP!L.  Hopefully in future releases when he has sorted this out we will be able to do something about it.  In the mean time we'll just have to deal with it.
07-23-2006 10:59 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: