What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » webcam and audio connection is stillted

webcam and audio connection is stillted
Author: Message:
alibali

O.P. webcam and audio connection is stillted
Im in Scotland UK  and I webcam with a friend in South Africa, our audio is great but when we try to web cam and audio the audio is broken up badly, his son who is 10 miles from me who also the same broadband  adsl connection has no problems, we both us the same pc ...a Dell and the same web cam, my PC is brand new with 1000mb ram , but we have this problem with the audio when running the web cam, would it be a firewall issue, we have MSN live as an excepetion - any suggestions?
08-06-2006 09:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: webcam and audio connection is stillted
It is possible that it could be a firewall issue however, I'm thinking that your friend in South Africa, might not have quite the same computer as you RAM wise, and possibly uses a different Internet connection
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
08-07-2006 10:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: webcam and audio connection is stillted
The problem here is most likely an issue of bandwidth. More specifically, your actual Internet connection will be struggling with the load a webcam and audio put on it. This can be due to a number of factors, including (since you're on ADSL) the distance from the telephone exchange.
Since ADSL goes over normal copper phone wires, the longer they are, the more the signal degrades, and the more likely it is to get corrupted. This affects both the ability to get the higher speeds, and to more consistently obtain the speeds your line is capable of.

I know this from experience: when we tried to get ADLS in the house, we were told that we were too far from the exchange to get reliable 8Mb, and we could only really get 2Mb. And that slows down sometimes.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-07-2006 12:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: