What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How do I make my name colored?

How do I make my name colored?
Author: Message:
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
O.P. How do I make my name colored?
Um, I'm kind of new to this, but in Windows Live Messenger, exactly what do I have to do to get my name to be colored? Like I tried doing it manually (by typing in the code), and I also used the 'Format Codes...' button, but when i click apply, nothing happens, and when I go back to see if the code is still there, it isn't. What am I doing wrong here? Am I supposed to have the BBCode activated, or the IRC code? Or either one? I really don't know...I'm sorry, I'm just kind of new to this...I never did it in MSN Messenger 7.5 with the plus for that, because I always have emoticons in my name, and it wouldn't let me color the name with the emoticons, it kept saying "Invalid characters", or something like that...But anyway, what exactly do I have to do to get my name to be colored with Messenger Plus! Live? I really wan't to, but I havn't a clue on how to, I believe I've tried everything...Please reply, thankyou...
- xDarkesTxElemenTx

This post was edited on 08-31-2006 at 07:52 PM by xDarkesTxElemenTx.
I can be you're best friend...Or I can be the worst nightmare that has ever happened to you...I am a Ying-Yang...Be happy you have that choice, most people don't obtain it...
08-31-2006 05:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

32 / Male / Flag
RE: How do I make my name colored?
First make sure that the "Use formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows" is checked. You can find this in the Customize! section of the Plus! Live preferences. To open the preferences window, click on the Plus! icon beneath your PSM in the contact list or type "/config" and send it in any conversation window.

If that's checked, coloring your name should work using the Messenger options window and the Format Codes button. However, you can always try to type "/name" in any conversation window followed by a space and your new name with the color codes and send that. :)

If that doesn't work, I don't know what you can do anymore... maybe someone else can help?
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-31-2006 06:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: How do I make my name colored?
Hmm, okay, it looks like I got it now...But is there any way I can do multiple things to it instead of just making it one color? Like, can I somehow make it italic, two colors, and parts of it underlined? I know its possible, I've seen some of my other friends with it like that...How can I do it though? Right now its just red, but I was looking for red and black, but when I type in two different codes somewhere in the text editing field (yes, I am ending them before each other correctly with a '[/c]'), then click apply, it just goes back to normal...Any idea of what I might be doing wrong, or what I'm not doing at all?
- xDarkesTxElemenTx
I can be you're best friend...Or I can be the worst nightmare that has ever happened to you...I am a Ying-Yang...Be happy you have that choice, most people don't obtain it...
08-31-2006 06:48 PM
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
For a gradient do [c=put colour here]Put nickname here[/c=put colour here].
Underline: [u]Put nickname here[/u]
Italics: [i]Put nick name here[/i].
[Image: Zahid.png]
08-31-2006 06:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
Well, yes, I know that much, but when I try to add anymore than one thing, the name just goes back to the normal grey color...This is basically what I'm looking for; 'blah blah - blah blah blah blah blah blah' Now, how would I go about doing that in the text editing box? I really don't understand, it only lets me do one of those things at once, and if I try to do more than one at once, it'll just go back to normal...What am I not doing correctly?
08-31-2006 07:01 PM
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
code:
[c=1]Blah Blah - [/c][c=4][u]Blah Blah Blah[/u][/c]

Replace Blah blah with your own words.

This post was edited on 08-31-2006 at 07:36 PM by Zahid™.
[Image: Zahid.png]
08-31-2006 07:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
Yeah, thats like exactly what I typed into the text editing field, but thats what made it go back to normal grey again. Oh well, I'll keep messing with it and try to figure out how to do it...I think maybe my name might be too long. Thanks for all you're help, I really appreciate it...
08-31-2006 07:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: