What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.

[to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.
Author: Message:
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. [to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.
Hi.. I'm not sure if this will interest anyone. But it's been fun for me and my friends. I apologize for all the strings are in portuguese and this project is far from done. I wanted to post it here so other people can pick this up and contribute since I don't have much time on my hands to make this a real nice bot.

Here's how it works: You get a new msn account to run the script from (or your own if you want to act as the chat room) and then just run the scrit on that other msn.

To enter the  chat you send a message to your bot with the command !liga
It'll show you some options and tell you who's in the room. The available commands are !pvt (send private message), !liga (join the chat, !desliga (leave the chat), !lista (list the people in the chat) and !ajuda (help).

If you go offline the chatbot will remove you from his list. After you joined just send him any message and it'll send it to all people involved.

Why did I make this? I don't like the fact that in a regular msn chat you can read peoples email and add them to your list. And secondly that in my chat bot you can have your friend go in and chat to a friend of my friend without them having to know each other or even know someone in common to add them to the same window.

I've looked up a script like this before I took the project and found nothing with open code so I could customize it.. so here goes my version of a chat bot. If I enhance it I'll resend the file.

Have fun!

.plsc File Attachment: ChatRoom.plsc (2.81 KB)
This file has been downloaded 213 time(s).
09-13-2006 02:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.
Well I started talking with my friend and it said something in Portuguese and closed the conversation. Now it's changed my Msg Plus! Live Preferences to Arabic :S
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-17-2006 06:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Well I started talking with my friend and it said something in Portuguese and closed the conversation. Now it's changed my Msg Plus! Live Preferences to Arabic :S
Just type /config in a Conversation then change the language back to English. Or edit the language file to 4246 for the compatibility.
09-17-2006 06:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Just type /config in a Conversation then change the language back to English. Or edit the language file to 4246 for the compatibility.

Thanks
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-17-2006 06:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [to-be-picked-up]ChatRoom.
Sorry I just saw your reply today. I hope everything is ok again. When you can please send me some feedback on the bot :)
Thanks
09-18-2006 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: