What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus! Live compatibility with Plus! for MSN 7.5

Plus! Live compatibility with Plus! for MSN 7.5
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. Huh?  Plus! Live compatibility with Plus! for MSN 7.5
I still haven't switched from MSN v7.5 to MSN Live! because I have lots of personal info stored in the Plus! extra feature "Contact Information...", and when switching to Plus :ive! it won't import this info. Does the latest version of Plus Live! add the capability to import the Contact information stored in Plus! for MSN v7.5? Thanks!
11-15-2006 07:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! Live compatibility with Plus! for MSN 7.5
No it doesn't. And I would be resonably confident in saying that there probably will never be a way to transfer that information.

But you never know, there might be a smarty pants out there somewhere who might find a way :P
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-15-2006 07:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: Plus! Live compatibility with Plus! for MSN 7.5
I wonder why is it that Plus Live! does not offer this essential feature. It's sort of like updating Quicken and having to reenter all transactions again!
11-15-2006 09:33 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
I know what you mean, but seeing as the Windows Live Messenger Nicknames feature is still in a way "new", it's still very unclear on what may or may not happen, for all we know Microsoft may have, or they have something up their selves waiting to be releases pulled up stumps on developing that feature. If it's the later, there is a possibility, that a custom nickname feature might be added to Messenger Plus! Live but in no way shape or form be how it used to be.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-15-2006 09:43 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
I know what you mean, but seeing as the Windows Live Messenger Nicknames feature is still in a way "new", it's still very unclear on what may or may not happen, for all we know Microsoft may have, or they have something up their selves waiting to be releases pulled up stumps on developing that feature. If it's the later, there is a possibility, that a custom nickname feature might be added to Messenger Plus! Live but in no way shape or form be how it used to be.
That's for the custom nickname feature, but alegator asked about the contact information panel...

...Though:
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I wonder why is it that Plus Live! does not offer this essential feature.
this is roughly the same as MattyRid said. It isn't there anymore because Windows Live Messenger now has a contact information feature of its own (and that's here to stay) and thus it would make little sense to also have that in Plus!.

Afterall, the reason for Plus!'s existance is to add feature which Messenger lacks.

Though, it is indeed troublesome that your old Plus!3 contact information can't be ported to the new WLM contact notes. The reason for that is because there is currently no decent/proper* way to do it.

* There is probably a way, but that involves crappy programming where keystrokes and stuff are simulated. Such programming convention is probably not something Patchou is willing to include in a professional product as Plus!.

This post was edited on 11-15-2006 at 01:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2006 01:15 PM
alegator

O.P. RE: Plus! Live compatibility with Plus! for MSN 7.5
Cookie, I'm not only referring to the old Plus!3 contact information, but also to the Custom nickname feature. Both of these features should be allowed to be imported into teh WLM contact notes and contact list respectively by Plus Live!. I say this because both were features introduced by Messenger Plus! (not MSN), so when updating to WLM, Plus! Live should've been written to take care of this.

This post was edited on 11-15-2006 at 07:00 PM by alegator.
11-15-2006 07:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
Cookie, I'm not only referring to the old Plus!3 contact information, but also to the Custom nickname feature. Both of these features should be allowed to be imported into teh WLM contact notes and contact list respectively by Plus Live!. I say this because both were features introduced by Messenger Plus! (not MSN), so when updating to WLM, Plus! Live should've been written to take care of this.
As said, if is was possible and if it is 100% sure that Microsoft is further developping them, then it would be done.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-16-2006 02:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: