What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)

Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)
Author: Message:
shinsolo

O.P. Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)
Yes, I need help.  I cannot download Plus!   When I click on it to download, it at first appears to be working.  It starts to download like it is going to work.  Then within the first minute or so of the download, this box pops up:

[Image: untitled.jpg]

It cancels the download as an ERROR.  If I click, retry, it will download some more, but then it will suddenly say it is done, even though it was only on like 12% or something the second before it said it was done.

When I click on it then, this box pops up:

[Image: untitled2.jpg]

Please help me.  I do not know what to do.  This is not a new problem for me either.  It did this in the past when I tried to download it.  I tried a week ago and got the same error.

~Shin

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 11:32 PM by shinsolo.
11-13-2006 11:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
shinsolo

O.P. RE: Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)
Oh!  I am using XP!  -tackle hugs you-  I hope it is something as simple as that.  Thanks ahead of time.  If that doesnt help I'll let you know.

~Shin
11-13-2006 11:43 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)
(copied from another thread)

On a side note:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68309&pid=752228#pid752228]Note[/url] to everybody: if any of you got a corrupted file from the server, please do send it to me in a zip file at mplus@patchou.com so that I can take a look at what is going wrong. Thank you.

If the download fails from the official site (http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/), please put the corrupted .exe file in a compressed ZIP archive and send it to mplus@patchou.com. Corrupted downloads is a problem that always seems to return every release for random users, by sending the info Patchou might be able to fix the problem once and for all. Including basic information like download time/date and which country you're in and ISP might be useful.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
11-14-2006 12:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shinsolo

O.P. RE: Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)
Thank you all for your help.  It worked.  Thank you.  However, I do not know how to put files in a zip . . . and i do not still have the corrupted files on my computer.  I'm sorry.
11-14-2006 12:25 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Help! I cannot download Plus! (source file error?)
Simple....if you right click on the bad .exe file and go down to Send to and then Click on "Compressed (ZIP)..." that will place the bad file in zip form ready for you to send to Patchou.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-15-2006 10:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: