What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » question (WLM disconnects)

question (WLM disconnects)
Author: Message:
ReD-RevolutioN

– / Male / –
O.P. question (WLM disconnects)
Hi.I would like to ask you about a problem i have with windows live messenger..I have seen that if i leave msn(i dont have plus installed) idle for hours,or even when i am talking with a contact,then msn will disconnect..Why is this happening?Is it my adsl's issue?Pls let me know.Thanks

This post was edited on 02-03-2007 at 08:03 PM by WDZ.
02-03-2007 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: question
It's server problems.. probably having some "1 second shutdown" (if they exist) or just you getting randomly disconnected. So, theres nothing you can do. :sad:
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
02-03-2007 07:22 PM
ReD-RevolutioN

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: question
Ok then..I was just asking in order not to worry about it..Because i see that i have this problem in mirc too
02-03-2007 07:51 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: question (WLM disconnects)
quote:
Originally posted by ReD-RevolutioN
Ok then..I was just asking in order not to worry about it..Because i see that i have this problem in mirc too
If you have it in other programs as well it is either an issue with your hardware (eg: router which disconnects you after certain time) or your ISP (eg: changing dynamic IPs and thus disconnecting your connection).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-04-2007 01:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ReD-RevolutioN

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: question (WLM disconnects)
Does Draytek Router have a setting in it's web configurator,in order to disconnect me after certain time?Do u possibly know?

i would like you to know that when msn disconnects,i can access internet pages via mozilla or ie..So it cant be my isps problem.Maybe is it just an msn's server problem?

This post was edited on 02-04-2007 at 10:07 AM by ReD-RevolutioN.
02-04-2007 09:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
i would like you to know that when msn disconnects,i can access internet pages via mozilla or ie..So it cant be my isps problem.Maybe is it just an msn's server problem?
but you said before you have the same problem in mIRC. So, when Messenger disconnects you can still access internet (and are you sure about that? It isn't just only cached pages?)...

And the same happens with mIRC? When mIRC disconnects you can still access web pages?

If so, I have no idea what it could be. Maybe it is the router which disconnects certain ports only after some time, or a software firewall or whatever,... I really dunno in this case...

----------

EDIT PS: But note that both can be non-related. It is quite possible that from time to time some messenger server disconnects you (it happens here too). And mIRC also sometimes disconnects me (when the lag is too big, etc). Both things are "normal" (mind the quotes) though. That's all I can tell in this case, sorry :(

This post was edited on 02-04-2007 at 03:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-04-2007 03:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ReD-RevolutioN

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: question (WLM disconnects)
Yea i am sure that when msn and mirc disconnect,i can view websites..

And i checked it..My router has a setting in its configurator,that disconnects internet,if the connection is idle for some seconds but it is NOT enabled..And keep in mind i have windows firewall..So i will keep in mind that it is msn's and mirc's problem not mine
02-04-2007 03:23 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yea i am sure that when msn and mirc disconnect,i can view websites..

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
note that both can be non-related. It is quite possible that from time to time some messenger server disconnects you (it happens here too). And mIRC also sometimes disconnects me (when the lag is too big, etc). Both things are "normal" (mind the quotes) though.

I guess it's just mIRC and messenger problems...
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
02-04-2007 03:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: