What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » forgotten decrypting passwords for chatting logs

forgotten decrypting passwords for chatting logs
Author: Message:
dawncq

O.P. Huh?  forgotten decrypting passwords for chatting logs
At the end of 2004, I tried Messenger Plus. However, in the middle of 2005, my MSN system crashed. Thus, I switched back to regular MSN and downloaded live messager. However, my chatting log file before Aug. 2005 has ple. extension and I cannot open to check any chatting message.

I then downloaded messager plus today, but when I opened a chatting log, it asked me for a password. I tried every password I ever used but still  recognized as invalid. I really need to open those chatting logs, I was wondering if anyone could help me out!

by the way, I don't think I created a password to encrypt those chatting logs. any idea or suggestion?

much appreciated!!!!!!
03-16-2007 05:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
RE: forgotten decrypting passwords for chatting logs
quote:
Originally posted by dawncq
At the end of 2004, I tried Messenger Plus. However, in the middle of 2005, my MSN system crashed. Thus, I switched back to regular MSN and downloaded live messager. However, my chatting log file before Aug. 2005 has ple. extension and I cannot open to check any chatting message.

I then downloaded messager plus today, but when I opened a chatting log, it asked me for a password. I tried every password I ever used but still  recognized as invalid. I really need to open those chatting logs, I was wondering if anyone could help me out!

by the way, I don't think I created a password to encrypt those chatting logs. any idea or suggestion?

much appreciated!!!!!!

Your chat logs are encrypted (hence the .ple extension) and there is no way to reverse the encryption unless you have this password.

Sorry :-(
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
03-16-2007 05:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: