What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Display pic problem?

Display pic problem?
Author: Message:
waves1

O.P. Display pic problem?
hi

i was at my friend's place today and decided to sign in on msn; when i did so, i was surprised to see my 'personal' display pic. usually when i sign in on computers other than my own at home, i get the 'palm tree' display pic or the 'chess pic'. so i was wondering why didn't his computer give me a random chess/palm/dog pic, but showed the disaply pic i only use when im at home?

thanks!
03-24-2007 12:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Display pic problem?
you must have ticked: "Use the same display Picture and personal message wherever I sign in."

in your preferences ;)
03-24-2007 12:36 PM
waves1

O.P. RE: Display pic problem?
hi NanaFreak

im pretty sure i didn't tick that option on my home computer. thats why i'm worried now that i've been hacked or something

but i noticed that my friend had that option ticked on his computer. would this be the answer, or does it have to be me who ticked "use the same display pic and personal message wherever i sign in" to make my personal avatar pop anywhere i am?

thanks!
03-24-2007 12:40 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
it's not a problem, it's a feature :P
it can be enabled/disabled in
Tools>Options...>General>Use the same display picture and personal message wherever I log on
Note: I'm on a dutch machine, menus and options may have a slightly different name than I posted above

quote:
Originally posted by waves1
hi NanaFreak

im pretty sure i didn't tick that option on my home computer. thats why i'm worried now that i've been hacked or something

but i noticed that my friend had that option ticked on his computer. would this be the answer, or does it have to be me who ticked "use the same display pic and personal message wherever i sign in" to make my personal avatar pop anywhere i am?

thanks!
I think it's enabled by default, so it might be checked at your home computer too ever since you updated your messenger.

This post was edited on 03-24-2007 at 12:43 PM by Jesus.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
03-24-2007 12:41 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by waves1
hi NanaFreak

thanks!
I think it is default when you install WLM 8.1 ;) so thats why and yes it has to be your account
03-24-2007 12:43 PM
waves1

O.P. RE: Display pic problem?
thanks a lot for helpin out! i'll check it out as soon as i get home, hopeful it's the answer!
03-24-2007 12:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: