What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Please Help me with this error

Please Help me with this error
Author: Message:
janue

O.P. Please Help me with this error
Few months back my sister has been telling me she encountered this problem after a few minutes she login into the MSN, and it closes down. I do not believe her in the first place because the both of us shared one computer and I login my MSN from day to night but no such error message pop up, but now I am encountering this problem I hope there is someone out there who can help me. Here is a screenshot I taken:

[Image: msn.jpg]
03-31-2007 12:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Please Help me with this error
   uninstall msn and delete messenger folder in Program Files, also delete the following folders and registry keys:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Contacts
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Communications Clients\Shared
    Then restart your computer, and reinstall WLM, it should work then.
03-31-2007 01:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
uninstall msn and delete messenger folder in Program Files, also delete the following folders and registry keys:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Contacts
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Communications Clients\Shared
    Then restart your computer, and reinstall WLM, it should work then.
To Delete Registry Keys incase you dont know...Run (Windows Key + R) => regedit :)

This post was edited on 03-31-2007 at 02:14 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-31-2007 02:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
janue

O.P. RE: Please Help me with this error
thx, but i still encounter the same error, and I cant find some of these folders in my Document and Settings folder instead I found them in the Program Files and I cant find

and worse still i delete some of these folders and when i reinstall WLM I can't see my contacts anymore I wonder why this happen
03-31-2007 02:33 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by janue
thx, but i still encounter the same error, and I cant find some of these folders in my Document and Settings folder instead I found them in the Program Files and I cant find

and worse still i delete some of these folders and when i reinstall WLM I can't see my contacts anymore I wonder why this happen
Did you replace USER with the Account Name, stupid question i know, but it could be that *-)

This post was edited on 03-31-2007 at 02:46 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-31-2007 02:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
janue

O.P. RE: Please Help me with this error
there are adminstrator and All Users folders and I dunno which one so I use the search function
03-31-2007 02:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: