What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » OK, now it's really failing...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
OK, now it's really failing...
Author: Message:
Wast

Mehh...

35 / Male / –
O.P. OK, now it's really failing...
Apologies for the long string of threads I've made, but WLM is messing me around. Ever since receiving a "the following message could not be delivered" bout a few days ago, I've suffered some bad symptoms.

Two days back- "the following message could not be delivered".

Yesterday- Messages I sent were appearing to contacts a long time after I'd sent them.

...And today- Around mid-day, I've not been able to receive web-cam invites, view web-cams (loads continuously) and, as of recently, I've been unable to see recently changed display pictures, ATM some aren't even showing up.
12-20-2006 02:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: OK, now it's really failing...
quote:
Originally posted by Wast
Apologies for the long string of threads I've made, but WLM is messing me around. Ever since receiving a "the following message could not be delivered" bout a few days ago, I've suffered some bad symptoms.

Two days back- "the following message could not be delivered".

Yesterday- Messages I sent were appearing to contacts a long time after I'd sent them.

...And today- Around mid-day, I've not been able to receive web-cam invites, view web-cams (loads continuously) and, as of recently, I've been unable to see recently changed display pictures, ATM some aren't even showing up.

All of these seem to be connection related problems.

Do you have any kind of firewall or anti-virus that could be stopping WLM from executing properly?

Also, have you tried uninstalling wlm and reinstalling it?

I'm currently trying to find you the patch to switch servers.. I'll edit my post when I find it.

There it is :
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=269356

This will allow changing the server. Therefore if the connection problem is not on your side, you'll probably be able to fix it by changing servers.

This post was edited on 12-20-2006 at 02:43 PM by albert.
12-20-2006 02:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Wast

Mehh...

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: OK, now it's really failing...
I do have a firewall- McAfee. I tried to switch it off yesterday, but it didn't really have an effect.

Re-installing WLM I have not tried yet. But by doing this am I likely to loose log files from Plus! and preferences?
12-20-2006 02:43 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wast
I do have a firewall- McAfee. I tried to switch it off yesterday, but it didn't really have an effect.

Re-installing WLM I have not tried yet. But by doing this am I likely to loose log files from Plus! and preferences?

As far as I know re-installing WLM will not make you lose your logs. I do suggest you back them up, just in case, although it shouldn't have that as an effect.

I've also edited my first post, contains the link to the server change program, might want to give it a shot.
12-20-2006 02:45 PM
Wast

Mehh...

35 / Male / –
Yes, I've downloaded and un-zipped... I dun really understand how to change servers... It says 'in use' after all of them.
12-20-2006 02:46 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Simply select one, and then click "Use this server".
12-20-2006 02:48 PM
Wast

Mehh...

35 / Male / –
Nope, it's not working... I can't receive web-cam invites or view a friend's DP... however, I'm only asking one friend to test.
12-20-2006 02:50 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Is this the only contact you have problems with?
12-20-2006 02:51 PM
Wast

Mehh...

35 / Male / –
I just tried it with another contact- it seemed to work. It was only an invite however.

EDIT: Please- this issue has not been resolved. Post any suggestions.

EDIT 2: Alright! It's working 100% now. Thanks you alby, turned out it was my contact's PC. ^.^

This post was edited on 12-20-2006 at 03:35 PM by Wast.
12-20-2006 03:00 PM
snazzld

Huh?  Unable to receive messages from my contacts
Hi, I'm using MSN Mac Messenger on Mac OS X 10.4, and I've been having problems with MSN/Adium the past few days - my contacts can't send me messages (they get 'The following message could not be delivered to all recepients' when they do so), and it only works when I send them a message first and even so, only for awhile. Can anyone help? I tried unblocking the firewall ports already but it doesn't work.
05-14-2007 07:36 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: